Sign in to follow this  
dlamontm98

The best way to advertise your new service

Wondering how to get your new service (post construction cleaning) out to the contractors/developers and builders? I was thinking about joining the chamber of commerce--for networking opportunities.

Derek, what I paln to do is like Ron said get to know the guy at the lumber yard, also if there is a brick yard in your area I would make a stop there. That is two fold, one they are probably selling the brick you plan on cleaning so they come in contact with all of the contractors+ once you start landing the job you will have a POC to call on the manufatures suggested cleaning on each diffent kind of brick. Also talk with as many of the masonry companies as you can, I know this works from expierience. When I was in the masonry business we were always looking for a dependable company to clean the brick when we were done. Thats how I got started doing new construction years ago the last time I was in this business. Another good source I used was masonry supplie houses, where the guys go and buy there equipment i.e trowes, scaffoling, pointers, masonry saws. They are talking to masons every day. And lastly the way I used to get the majority of my work was to just get in my truck get a pocket full of cards and head to the nearest new sub division being built, go to each house and ask the lead man who was going to clean the brick when they were done. I would usually land a couple of jobs that way.

Derek,

You should look into your local home builders association. I think your in Texas so do a search for the Texas Home Builders Association and then you can look for your local association. In my area the dues are $650. per year to join but it is well worth it for the network opportunities. I sell and install closet shelving to the builders and now looking to get into construction cleanup as a second business.

Mick

Derek,

I will second what joel says. Go to the job meet the boss.

Show up early. Real early. Even if you have to go to the job site the previous day and ask one of the workers what time they start.If you are on site before the crew or the forman you will definatly get their attention and possible earn their respect.

Show up ready to work.Hard hat,steel toe boots with your gloves on your hands.

This techniqe has never failed me.

If you show up at any of our projects that way, I'll hire you.

Contractors are always looking for quality hands.

You may end up gitting more than a clean up job out of it.

I can train someone to hammer a nail. I still cannot train them to be punctual.

The bottom line is if you show up like this a few times,the word of mouth will travel faster than any marketing plan.