Sign in to follow this  
Guest rfitz

True Gutter Cleaner ?

Question

Guest rfitz

Anyone know from experience.. what really takes off dirt and

BLACK STREAKS FROM GUTTERS, I wont say exactly what I am using,

I will abbreviate Gutter Sh..... and it doesnt work at all..?

and that is with scrubbing with a brush ?

I just need a good chemical company that has house and gutter cleaners

that work...? I dont care if they are pricey, I am sick of telling the homeowner

I am sorry but I just cant get them clean...

THX

28 answers to this question

Guest rfitz

Steve,

I wash houses, and I downstream, and I have no problem getting the

thickest,greenest,blackest mold off of houses, no problem..

email me direct, and we can further discuss this..

Take Care

Rob

Tony, Tony, Tony,

In regards to the mixing of dry chemicals - let me reassure you that it's not a speculation. In some cases it will make a major difference. But you are correct that it does not always apply.

The key here is to know when it does and when it doesn't apply vs. guessing.

There are chemicals that are mixed in liquid form then dehydrated so that 3 chemicals may be in 1 granule of crystal. There are others that have 5 different crystals that are mixed together in equal or different percentages. In some instances you are playing with percentages that may not be critical. Other cases the exact percentages are what makes the mix work properly.

There are a couple of things you can do to see how the percentages work. Get yourself 100 colored marbles.

20 will be red - representing Sodium Hydroxide

10 will be green - representing Sodium Metasilicate

10 will be orange - representing Oxyethelene

10 will be blue - representing Butoxyethanol

50 will be white - representing fillers or bonding agents

Mix up the marbles in a bucket and blindfolded pick out 10 groups of ten and see what combination of marbles you end up in each group.

You can do the same thing with coins.

If you end up with 10 reds in one group and 10 white in another, you ended up with one that's a stripper that will melt plastic and the other that will be good for watering plants. Keep the picks in order and see how your chances diminish as you get to the bottom of the bucket. (If you've reached your 5th set and there are no more greens or reds left in the bucket, the game is over.)

I bet you 100 marbles that you can't make each of the 10 sets come out exactly the same (blind-folded).

Next stop - your local pharmacist. Ask him/her if it's OK to take a half of a time release or other type capsules. Make sure to ask why it would not be OK. (By the way - if your pharmacist says it's OK to take a half capsule of time release medicine then you should change pharmacists.)

The other part of the chemistry that most tend to ferget is paying attention to the words "by weight" or "by volume". There could be no difference or there could be a major difference. 8 ounces by volume may only be 4 ounces by weight or vise versa.

What if is the type of med that uses, say, the active molecule bound to an amino acid? Then the amino is "cleaved" off at a steady rate; allowing lower peak plasma concentrations yet maintaining the designed T1/2? LOL.

Anywho, if anyone is interested, I can post up THE ABSOLUTE MOST CONSISTENT WAY to mix powders. Think dye.

As I said, spraying works better than brushing for us - try that first. It's similar to painting: The more you brush, the more that the chemical is removed from the area so that increasing your dwell time does not tend to help in most cases and ends up with streaking and shadows. With brushing, you may have to apply 2 or even 3 times to remove the black streaks.

I also hope that you are using a soft car type brush.

Decrease your dilution 2 parts chemical to 1 part water or even full strength.

Try a gallon of Gutter Zap and compare the results yourself.

start with a weak 1:2 dilution working toward full strength (both brushing and spraying). I dare say that you should need no mare than 1-2 minutes of dwell time.

Good Luck!

My problem is that the product I have used (from my local supplier--their own gutter cleaning product that I use 1:1) mixed strong enough to clean the gutters often seems to streak the siding. I apply with a soft brush, and the drips, which I don't seem to be able to avoid, definitely leave noticeable streaking when they hit the siding of the house. Any advice on how to avoid this?