Sign in to follow this  
PLD

Xjet info

I had a very long conversation with the folks at xterior today. Learned a few things that might be of interest.

We discussed the xjets inability to draw longer than 50ft. They said that Xjets will draw up to several hundred feet lateral and more feet vertical by using a smaller orifice inside. At one point, they said smaller orifice = less spray distance. Later when discussing draw, they said orifice size affects only draw and not spray distance. I asked for clarification but the engineer was unavailable till later.

We also discussed buying packets of 20 asstd proportioners each time one is lost/damaged. They do carry them in singles for $1.25, and your distrib should be able to get them. I also inquired if making my own permanent brass proportioner in the xjet hose barb was a viable idea. They seemed to think so and took my email addy and said they would have their engineer contact me.

We discussed the advantages and drawbacks of the xjet vs DS'ers and the same for the old style vs. M5. I mentioned that I thought the mobile vanes were what is affecting spray distance with soap and that making the spread/opening wider might help a bit.

I ended the conversation by inviting them here to search for threads on the xjet and field questions. The seemed interested in our feedback, but are afraid to join in the debate for fear of appearing like they were here to sell. They plan to kick of their own forum soon, and they also feel afraid that their presence here may appear as an effort to draw off readers.

I did find out that their engineer is in house. I highly recommend that xjet users contact xterior and ask them to participate here. IMHO a few hours of his time here would prove invaluble to them and us alike.

Why bother with proportioners? If the un-proportioned x-jet sprays at 3:1, and you need 10:1, isn't it easier to just add more water into the bucket of chems instead of dealing with changing/dealing with those little plastic devices?

Why bother with proportioners? If the un-proportioned x-jet sprays at 3:1, and you need 10:1, isn't it easier to just add more water into the bucket of chems instead of dealing with changing/dealing with those little plastic devices?

I used to think so, but not any longer. Mix for one house wash with proportioners = 16-25lbs. Mix for one house w/o proportioners = 85-125lbs.

Two guys = 2 heavy buckets and two handtrucks on the vehicle.

I ended the conversation by inviting them here to search for threads on the xjet and field questions. The seemed interested in our feedback, but are afraid to join in the debate for fear of appearing like they were here to sell. They plan to kick of their own forum soon, and they also feel afraid that their presence here may appear as an effort to draw off readers.

xterior responsed and indicated that they were willing to join us here. I have'nt seen a post from them yet, so I re-extended the invitation tonight.

Beth & Rod, perhaps you might invite them so they don't feel like they are poking there noses in unwanted space.