Sign in to follow this  
sflasealcoating

Which would you choose ???

Question

Hey,

Just curious which one would clean BETTER meaning get the most dirt off and save time....for the price.. i have a few rigs im lookign at rght now..

24 hp honda 8gpm @ 3500 psi AR pump : 2999.99

24 hp honda 8gpm @ 3500 psi General pump : 2999.99

24 hp honda 9gpm @ 3000 psi general : 2799.99

psi or gpm ??? gpm cleans faster - psi cleans better ??? is this about right?

thank you

4 answers to this question

Depends on what you intend to clean. Any of the models you list would provide good service in the proper situations.

For the prices you quote, they must be cold water, which in my opinion, has limited capabilities compared to hot water.

Keep in mind with any of the rigs you mention, you will need a water tank. Many residential plumbing lines won't provide 8-9 gpm.

With that in mind, for washing residential concrete and pavers, I'd say 6 gpm @3000 is adequate. It provides good cleaning power, and uses less water, which may allow you to operate portable or off a trailer, with only a garden hose hookup.

Something to think about.

thanks....i already have 2 trailers though both with 350 gall tanks on them.....im selling my 13 hp belt drive and replacign with the 24 hp..... should get the job doen 2 -3 tiems faster and better :) i hope

Keep in mind with any of the rigs you mention, you will need a water tank. Many residential plumbing lines won't provide 8-9 gpm.

With that in mind, for washing residential concrete and pavers, I'd say 6 gpm @3000 is adequate. It provides good cleaning power, and uses less water, which may allow you to operate portable or off a trailer, with only a garden hose hookup.

Something to think about.