Sign in to follow this  
RCBill

Outside Sales

Greetings from the Cape Fear,

I have been looking for an opportunity to sell. It just occurred to me that this cleaning business may offer just what I am looking for.

I have two community college degrees; one business and one technical. I have experience selling to Purchasing Agents, Engineer Departments, and homeowners.

If you are a manufacturer or distributor that needs representation in the eastern Carolinas we should talk; 910-620-6300.

Bill Lightner

Bill,

Awhile back I had a company after me to sell chemical products for them. Check out

http://www.nalco.com

and read what they do and see if you think that is a field you would enjoy or be able to grow into. They take applications on line but they really never look at them. You have to know somebody. I have all of the contact information for the managers there and the recruiter who was trying to bring me on. If you think this may be something you want let me know and I'll forward his information to you. They seem to be nice guys and move quickly (won't leave you hanging for weeks waiting for a call). I just decided that pure sales wasn't my bag.

Hey Ryan,

Thanks, but I do not have a chemical background. I think that I can build a rapport with the people out there getting wet.

If anyone is calling on the businesses here, I'm getting passed by. Obviously, none of the outfits that I've purchased from have a client retention system working for them. As well as I can tell nobody is working my market. Feels like an opportunity.

Bill

Bill,

We can probably work something out on a commision basis for the selling of my services. I work right in your area but I have had trouble selling in the past for a few reasons. If you'd like to further discuss this call me at 910-443-0513 during the day. I only do this part time but I still have a lot of free part time to fill.

Matthew

Hi Larry,

Thanks for responding.

I just deleted a post on how marketing changes cold-calling to an educational process. I figure it is not my place.

I would like a prospective employer to know a bit about me though. So, with that in mind:

I was a member of an association that was organizing to offer paint contractors salesmen on the per-job basis. For example: Let's say you got a call from Mrs. Jones requesting an estimate. You would call a NAPP salesperson to do the estimate and sales call. The salesman's interest was the commission. And maintaining a good relationship with you, of course.

Most paint contractors without a formal marketing plan and salesforce ask for too little money. The benefit of hiring one of the NAPP people was that they would get more money per job which would at least off-set the commission.

My interest in NAPP was the management and marketing systems and tools that were being developed to help the paint contractors run their business for profit. I did not sell for NAPP or anyother contractor.

Here is the URL for that organization; thenapp.com

Thanks again,

Bill

Hey Matthew,

Your post was not up when I wrote my reply to Larry.

I was not thinking of the kind of business relationship that you write of, but I'm getting feedback that is giving me a different perspective.

I'm on a demanding project now. I would like to call you when I am not running around putting out fires.

Thank you,

Bill