Sign in to follow this  
greaserca

Starting New Company

Question

Hi everyone,

First off i want to say that this is a great forum learned a lot already from what i read. I am starting a PW business in my area, i have done some research and there are not to many PW companys where i live about 4 only. What would be a good PW to start off with i will be doing houses and driveways only to start off, dont really want to spend more thatn $800.00 on PW. Do i really need insurance for this business, not sure on that one. I have pressure washed many things but never a house does anyone have any tips, a book that i can buy or any website that will give me some knowledge on PW a house and driveway.

28 answers to this question

Greaser,

I would say the same as the previous post. Read this board many times over. The search function is great.

You can start out part time. I started with (dont laugh everyone) a briggs and stratton special from Wally World. I ran a local ad in the paper every two weeks and have built a good part time business. I have upgraded my machine, got more hoses, etc. Almost all the money I made went into the business up front. Plus, I made some great contacts that supply me with chemicals and accessories.

Keep reading and I wish you great success.

You can start out part time. I started with (dont laugh everyone) a briggs and stratton special from Wally World. I ran a local ad in the paper every two weeks and have built a good part time business. I have upgraded my machine, got more hoses, etc. Almost all the money I made went into the business up front. Plus, I made some great contacts that supply me with chemicals and accessories.

There's another success story.

I think the important thing to remember GreaserCa is to take your time, do it the right way, use professional products when possible and upgrade as soon as you can. Make sure your insured and advertise as much as you can. There is so much information here that you can learn alot from. Ask questions anytime, and take pictures!

HI everyone,

Thanks again for all the help, this forum has helped me out a lot. I will be buying a PW 3500psi and 4WPM I will also be buying a surface cleaner as well maybe whirl-a-way or steel eagle. At the same time I sent Carlos a e-mail to work with him in November I think learning from a pro will be a huge help for me. Once again thanks everyone for your help.