Sign in to follow this  
Pams Pressure & Clean

President's Announcement

Posted By Pete Marentay on the PWNA BBS:

Hey, Ya'll!

It is always harder for me to be a passenger in the car instead of being the driver. Part of my nature is to educate and lead, and the Chapter was my outlet for this kind of energy. It is with significant sadness, then, that I am announcing my resignation as President of PWNA-GA, effective November 1st.

I have put off this move for several months for both personal and professional reasons.

On a personal level, I dearly wanted to see the Georgia Chapter of PWNA really up and running because I believe we can only have strength as a group. I also wanted very much to see this Chapter break some new ground. We have succeeded on many fronts, with the help and support of Cujo Cooley and all of the Georgia members.

On a professional level, I wanted to open a few doors and set a few things in motion that I knew would help the members of our Chapter.

The recent Environmental Seminar we offered is an example of my agenda and a major step forward for our members.

With that Seminar behind us, it is time for me to step aside and let Cujo take the reins. As all of you remember, I sold my contracting business earlier this year. According to the By-Laws of our Professional Chapter, only contractor-members can hold the office of President.

I am not going away. I will continue as the Immediate Past President so that I can help Cujo on projects that are part of his agenda.

I step aside with the knowledge that Georgia was the first official PWNA Chapter formed, that we were the first Chapter to hold a Certification class, that our Chapter took a lead role in forming the environmental guidelines that will be used in Gwinnett County (establishing our Chapter as the voice of the industry in Georgia), and that we have funds in the bank that will allow us to do other things for our members in the future.

I am proud of what we have accomplished together. If there is anything that I can do or contribute to move us forward, you know you can count on me to be there.

Thanks to all of you for your faith in me as we formed our Chapter. My wish is that all of you thrive and prosper as we travel down the path over the years to come.

Pete Marentay

Posted By Me on Same:

With great honor, admiration, and humilty I have accepted the resignation of Pete from his position and will dutifully fill the vacancy. At the next scheduled election, open position(s) will be filled accordingly.

Not willing to let him get away so easily, I will still rely on Pete's guidance, knowledge, experience, and insights for the future of the organization. Hence the term and title, Immediate Past President; and hence my desire to keep him working.

As difficult as it is to watch Pete step aside, I look forward eagerly to the future of PWNA Georgia and hopefully to many more firsts within the organization and within the industry.

Pete Marentay has been, is, and will continue to be; my mentor, my trusted confidant, a business advisor, and not least of all my friend.

As I develop my complete list of goals for the Chapter I will post them and distribute accordingly to the members. This list will be completed and officially delivered at the November 19th 2005 roundtable meeting in Augusta.

Some of them include adding dramatically to the rolls of PWNA Georgia members, increasing the educational opportunities therein, and availing myself to the betterment of the industry, the PWNA, and the Chapter.

Anyone who feels the desire to contact me about anything at all, please feel free to do so either by e-mail or telephone.

The information is in my signature line.

Thanks for your continued suppot,

Cujo

Sign in to follow this