Sign in to follow this  
John Orr

2-man rig questions

I have a new 8gpm/3000psi 2-man rig that would like to:

a) have an unloader that relieves the "kick". On my 4gpm/3500 rig, I am using a K5 and love it. As I understand it, a flow unloader won't work on a 2-man rig, but there is another (not pressure) type?

b) limit the volume to 4 gpm from either gun. We usually downstream from one gun and run a surface cleaner on the other and run into flow issues as the chem tip is allowing more flow from the one gun.

Any suggestions? Thanks,

John Orr

I also have a relatively new 8gpm. I think you won't be able to use the soap tip in conjunction with surfacer because of the way the system is constructed. I also don't think you can have a unloader without kick and still run two seperate guns. If you switch to a flow you will only be able to run one gun at 8gpm.

Anyway: What kind of surfacer do you run and do you run it with the full 8 gpm ever?

There is another type of unloader, Pulse(?), that keeps a lower pressure in the hose when in bypass that, I hope, can be used. Also, its not that I can't downstream and run the surface cleaner, its that there is less oomph to spin it.

As to the surface cleaner itself, I am currently using a General Pump Hammerhead. Its a 20" floater, virtually identical to a Whisper Wash - as far as I can tell. If I run with the stock 2.0 tips, there should be no difference in performance. (I am being told that the tips will regulate the volume, and 2-2.0 tips will only allow 4 gpm.)

I am currently awaiting the arrival of a reconditioned 24'' Steel Eagle.

I got the spray bar (single spray bar) with 4 nozzles for my big guy. I was floored by the difference over 2 nozzles. I did two nasty driveways last week and almost could not make it tiger stripe and overlap marks are a thing of the past!!

As a side note. I have found it faster to just have the two of us clean the house at the same time. 4 gpm on each gun with x-jets. And then clean concrete with the full 8 gpm on the surface cleaner. After we finish the house. I put up the chem's, roll hoses, settle up with the homeowner and take it easy while my employee is doing the driveway and sidewalks.

I just did not like the uneveness and spikes and lows that I got when using the surface cleaner on one line and cleaning a house on the other.

Jeff Robison

Titan Exterior

678-360-2518