Sign in to follow this  
Adco Cleaning Service

Pressure Washing Hose

I've used many different types of pressure washing hoses in the past and have found some better than others of course. I would like some other opinions on brands of hose that others perfer. Is there a big difference in durability by using double verses single braid hose? Which has a tougher skin? Which holds up to chemical use?

Thanks, Allen

ADCO Cleaning Service

I use Goodyear "neptune" 1 wire 4000 psi. IMHO the Goodyears are possibly the best. They make a "rawhide" as well, higher psi and different cover but not sure if it lasts longer.

I have used Jetblue non-marking highpressure hoses since I've started and I've only had one 50ft section of hose that was not the above. (I have no idea where that came from either!).

They have served well and I continue to buy them to this day.

As far as chemicals are concerned I wouldn't run them thru my high pressure hose. The only one I have has been chlorine but at a very very small quantity (1.5:100 chlorine:water).

I would think that the steel braids may corrode with certain chems and even stronger solutions of chlorine.....which may lead to internal clogging of spray tips and guns (HEADACHES!!!).

For chem applications I have a designated chemcial hose and use only my Shurflo to pump.

Hope this helps.