Sign in to follow this  
racechaser

unloader questions

I have a typical internal bypass unloader bolted on my machine.I want to go to a flow actuated unloader with a bypass to my float tank. I see in ESPEC's technical library that he says most unloaders are quick connected on. I would like to be able to change mine back and forth as to be able to use a rotary nozzle to clean some things and downsize and upsize tips to control pressure to a particular surface. These are things that I heard are not reccomended or don't work if you use a flow actuated unloader.

So first do any of you have yours quick connected?

And second which unloader would anyone suggest to use on my machine.

It is a 3500 PSI 4 gallon belt driven machine with a Hawk pump.

Thanks

Scott

yes I have qc's on mine. I don't ever change it much. I've got where I hate my k7 so it just stays in the tool box and I use my regular unloader. flow actuated do not work as well bypassing to a tank as they do bypassing back to the feed line. I have a k7, dropped the orifice size and still have problems with some nozzles.

Hey guys...Would you mind expanding on that for me. I use a K7 on my set up, it bypasses back to my tank, but rarely use a rotary ripper turbo type nozzle, but every time I have tried to use it on selected occations the unloader cycles as if the tip is clogged. This is really useless. I am pretty sure it is sized correctly and even bought a new one thinking I might have damaged the ceramic head on the old one... same deal.

Is this an issue with the K7

it is a k7 issue. I have had nothing but issues with mine. I use a coress wand with a turbo on the end for many applications and the k7 sucks for this applications. it has worked fine when turbo on regular wand and it is good for regular nozzles, i just got tired of the trouble. another problem I had is when the wand is extended and your hand slips on the handle and turns off the wand will smack the wall or whatever is in front of you where with a standard unloader when that happens you hit the trigger and the wand will jump back up without hitting anything. its just my two cents, there should be some post on here about k7 problems.

Hey guys...Would you mind expanding on that for me. I use a K7 on my set up, it bypasses back to my tank, but rarely use a rotary ripper turbo type nozzle, but every time I have tried to use it on selected occations the unloader cycles as if the tip is clogged. This is really useless. I am pretty sure it is sized correctly and even bought a new one thinking I might have damaged the ceramic head on the old one... same deal.

Is this an issue with the K7

don't thow the old one out you can take it apart and check it out or check the inline filter. i've used them alot and have rarely had problems other than wearing them out.

Jim,

How old is the unloader?

I am not sure if I completely understand your problem, although it sounds you have tried to work through it several times. I had to replace mine after about 400 hours. If that holds true, I am about due for another change??? It has been acting up a little, but can not nail down exactly why. I have a couple of suspesions(sp?).

I took it apart initially to troubleshoot the internals and found some corrosion/oxidization that could have cuased sticking and cycling. After I replaced it, no issues (except with the rotating nozzles).

I know what you mean about the jumping and when you get the wand out over 20 to 30 ft, you really don't want a lot of unexpected stops and starts. That makes for a really bad day.

I'll have to trouble shoot and take apart the rotator see what falls out. Thanks for the suggestion. Wish you the best on the K7