Sign in to follow this  
mas3372

by passing unloader return to pump

I am looking at my unloader and have determined what line is the return to the pump. I however want this line to go to my holding tank instead so I don't burn out the pump. I have seen fire trucks pumps burn out with a little as 150 psi while circulating water and it dosn't take much. From what I am seeing it looks simple. I plan on un hooking bypass hose into the pump and inserting a male plug in its place. The take the hose and put a 3/4 barg to a 3/8 mpt fitting and hooking up the 3/8 high pressure jumper line I have and that goes back into the tank at the top. Does this makes sense or am I missing something. I worry that somethings things are so simple I will mess up the obvious. Thanks. Mike

Thats the way mine is .Initially I had a problem with my unloader cycling so I had to switch from a 3/8 hose to a 1/4 " hose or you can change orofice size at unloader. My unloader is the ZK1 flow actuated and they are a little sensitive.

Mas3372,

It will work that way but, if you put a 3 way ball valve so that you can select either tank or pump inlet then in the winter time when you run anti-freeze through the machine you are not dumping anti-freeze into the water tank.

Make sense?

Doug

Hello,

Thanks to both of you for your help. My line now is 1/2 inch that I will be reducing to 3/8th, I think It should be fine. I will have to put ball valve on. Good point. Thanks.

Dont forget if you downstream you might have a tank full of chemicals. Just keep an eye out for that.

Huh! if you have downstream chemicals going into your bypass tank.I would think you are upstreaming. icon7.gif