Sign in to follow this  
Vashtie

Garage floor epoxy--Rustoleum

Anyone had problems with tires reacting to rustoleum epoxy floor covering? We put down rustoleum on our garage floor and after two applications turne out nice. No problems for several weeks. However, recently left our vehicle sitting on the garage floor for several days and when we drove out of the garage, left black tire marks on the floor and on our driveway. Appears the tires and rustoleum were not happy together. Appreciate any comments, experience or what to do to avoid this problem.

Thanks!!

I have put the coating on my garage floor and it held up excellent for over a year. Then the coating lifted in two places where the tires had rested overnight. I have not had any other problems and the two spots have not feathered or grown any larger. Pretty good stuff other than that..

I would not use it, however for the price that it is i am sure a lot of people buy it and use it without knowing correct application procedures and problems like this is what you end up with. With that being said I like the material because people call me to come get it up.

I had a customer who wanted me to do this to there garage deck, I passed, and they brought in a Rustoleum contracter, after 4 weeks it peeled all over it was terrible. The floor was striped in spots. 4 weeks later it popup more. Rustoluem said "It was the concret" end of quote I would stay away from this one, I prefer stains myself. Of course Rustoleum will say we modified that product .

Rustoleum products are crap. If you want to have a good floor contact a floor coating company or contact an industrial paint supplier like PPG Industrial coatings, Benjamen Moore Industrial, ICI Devoe coatings, International Courtaulds and many more. Ask any of there representatives and I'm sure they will be happy to help you out. Just don't cheap out because its expensive, remember, you get what you paid for..

As for the tire marks its called hot tracking, its happens especially after driving and the tire is still hot, the dye in the tire will transfer to the coating. (FACT)Rubber in its raw form is white, dye is added to make the tire black. You can try a good degreaser and a little elbow grease and rinse, it might come off. If it does, get your floor nice and clean, scuff it up and rinse again and apply either a epoxy clear or a urethane clear, both are two component industial coatings.

Again don't cheap out because its expensive.

Dan