Sign in to follow this  
jgoral76

service magic

Question

Got an out of the blue call from them today, nicely said no thank you and theyn replied why? i said i've had and heard bad things about them, them asking where i said i'm not telling nananana. they got po'ed and said we will investigate the slander. My responce, so what . they are worhtlesscompany

4 answers to this question

Investigate away! They need not look any further than the previous thread I started on Service Magic.

And IIRC, it would be "libel" since I put it into print. In either case, they'll have to prove that what I said was false (and known to be at the time I said it). Since what I said was a) factual or b) opinion, they don't have a prayer.

Finally, if they would spend more time worrying about WHY their customers are quitting them, and less time trying to bury the bodies, they would be in alot better shape. And I might still be on board.

I've been leading them along for the past 3 weeks, they call about every day. I finally told them this morning I was not interested at this time. Of course they asked why, I said I've done alot of research and most of what I found or heard was not good. You don't give the contractor an option to buy leads you just give them and charge for it. A lot of contractors get bad leads and have trouble getting credit for them, and have to make numerous phone calls and waste time and it all seems like a bunch of crap I don't want to mess with right now thanks for your time, bye. Not to mention most homeowners that use them are just price shopping anyway, from what I've heard.

What slander are they investigating? It's just people's experiences with them that's giving them a bad name.

As a VERY satisfied Service Magic contractor (4 years) I must say that if I had to pay for ALL leads, I too would think poorly of SM.

LEGAL DISCLAIMER: The above statement represents the personal opinion of the author and not necessarily the opinion of TGS, it's owners or affiliates, family or pets.

Ditto to John Orr's comment and Legal Disclaimer :)

The worst experience we had with Service Magic thusfar is their relentless pursuit of our business. Once we signed on last year, they've been great! If I don't like a lead, I get a credit....if my credit has expired, they give me another one.

Celeste