Sign in to follow this  
sss1019

Video Training

Question

First, hello to everyone. I'm new to the site and hopefully soon to be new to the power washing industry. I really enjoy reading through all of the posts and amazed at how everyone helps each other out. I'm thinking about starting a pressure washing business part-time with the hope of one day making it a full time job. I make a great living now, but I am so tired of having my life dictated by someone else. I'm approaching this slow, reading a lot and plan to do everything as best as I can without rushing into it and making mistakes. Question, I'm thinking about buying some videos that are offered on the Delco cleaning site. Do you think they are worth the price ($50 for 2 hr. video) or should I just go out and practice on my house. I just want to make sure that when I hit the road, I am doing things right. Anyway,

I hope to set up shop sometime in the future outside of Mobile,AL. Thanks for any advice.

Scott

3 answers to this question

Welcome to the board Scott. I can't tell you about the videos because I've never seen them, money was too tight for me when I started. I just reasearched and took notes for about 4 months and then bought the right equipment and practiced on mine and families houses and decks and went from there. Another great way is to trade labor for learning with another PWer from the boards in your area, nothing will teach you faster than hands on training. Keep using the 'search' button and keep researching these boards and asking questions, good luck.

Ditto on the 'Search' thing.

The depth of information available here using the 'Search' function is amazing and the people here seem very friendly and helpful.

First, hello to everyone. I'm new to the site and hopefully soon to be new to the power washing industry. I really enjoy reading through all of the posts and amazed at how everyone helps each other out. I'm thinking about starting a pressure washing business part-time with the hope of one day making it a full time job. I make a great living now, but I am so tired of having my life dictated by someone else. I'm approaching this slow, reading a lot and plan to do everything as best as I can without rushing into it and making mistakes. Question, I'm thinking about buying some videos that are offered on the Delco cleaning site. Do you think they are worth the price ($50 for 2 hr. video) or should I just go out and practice on my house. I just want to make sure that when I hit the road, I am doing things right. Anyway,

I hope to set up shop sometime in the future outside of Mobile,AL. Thanks for any advice.

Scott,

I will have to agree with Barry on this one, I haven't see the videos either, however, I think the best way one can learn this business is to find a 'mentor' of sorts to help you out. There is probably someone within 100 miles of you or less on this board. Chances are someone will be glad to let you ride along for a couple days or a weekend to learn the ropes.

John Werling

Superior Pressure Washing

Fayetteville, GA