Sign in to follow this  
Jim Carroll

Turbo Nozzles

I know a lot of people have mentioned turbo's wearing out or speed changing. I tried something on a job last week that worked pretty good to get the job finished. I normally have a rebuild kit handy. What I have figured out is that when they slow down they are wearing out. and what i noticed is that the ceramic piece that spins had grooves in it and not completely smooth.

this time mine was moving really slow and stopping some, so I was going to try anything.

So I took the piece that spins and sanded it with a sanding sponge. that painters use on drywall. I rubbed it at a slight angle on the sponge in various directions until it felt smooth. Replaced it and it ran like a new one. Not sure how long it will last but it lasted long enough for me to finish the job I was on. I will be doing this from now on to get a little more life out of them.

I have also noticed that they lasted longer when I was running a K7 unloader.

I like to do people's walkways for nothing after a house wash and it only takes a few minutes. I dont own a surface cleaner yet so I have to rent one for drives but I did this 1000 sq ft patio with the turbo the other day. Last time I did it with a 40 degree nozzle it took me 4 hours, this time I did it in an hour.

http://forums.thegrimescene.com/showthread.php?t=6415