Sign in to follow this  
Devo711

Starting with Mobile PW?

Hey guys, I won't like - I'm new. Very new. So new that I'll ask dumb questions thinking they're sophisticated when really.. they just plain aren't. Anyways, to the point - me and my friend are going to graduate high school in a month and need summers jobs. I've always been into starting my own business and he's studied business through all of high school and we both happened to have portable pressure washers. He's got a newer consumer 1400 PSI and I've got an older commercial 3000 PSI unit. I've been doing research on how to start and run the business and will continue to for the next month or so before we get serious about our venture. I just thought I'd ask people that know what they're actually doing first.

So, would we be able to run a small summer business and work our way up to better equipment or is it absolutely impossible to begin with what we've got?

Thanks for the help,

Devin

Devin, I admire your vision, I was just like you when I started. Now I'm 28 and have a very successful business of my own. Hang in there and be prepared to work harder and smarter than anybody else you know.

I'm not sure about the laws in Canada, but make sure that you follow the right path. Business license, Insurance the whole thing. If your going to do it, do it right. I don't see any reason that you couldn't start by mobile car wash.....don't use the 3000 psi machine on cars though :)

Thanks HotShot!

Hey, with the 3000 PSI machine could I do decks and whatnot? I've used it on mine and it worked wonderfully but I've read a lot of people saying only a 200-2000 PSI machine should be used with wood.

Would a larger 60 degree nossle help dispurse the water in the 3000 PSI machine to allow less pressure over the surface and more flexibility to my wash or will 3000 PSI be fine as long as I don't get too close. I mean.. if I could use two machines at one job, that'd be awesome and sure as heck make the job go by much quicker.

Devin