Sign in to follow this  
HotShot

I think there is brick under there

Question

Hey guys, I haven't even got my new mobile rig yet and I'm getting calls for business. A customer wants me to clean this wall. It has a tremendous amount of buildup do to the sprinklers over who knows how many years.

Will this actually come off and look nice? and What do I use?

Sorry for being the new guy and asking these silly questions. I really didn't plan on getting into this kinda stuff, but I'm not going to turn money away. If people want help, I'm going to help them. I planned on getting this new system so I could do some sidewalks, so that I could get some huge account's hoods. Word is already spreading and people are already calling. I have no idea what I'm doing, so I need your guys help in the meantime.....

Thanks in advance.....

post-1756-137772155871_thumb.jpg

5 answers to this question

thanks Jim for the lead. However, I was snooping around on the Prosoco site and found an actual Hard water deposit cleaner. Would the restoration product that you recommended be better? Also, as you can see in the picture, there is grass directly underneath the wall, will either product kill the grass?

thanks...

Anthony

Possibly the grossest looking wall I've ever seen. I'm no help just roaming the boards again but HotShot, are you new to the business? Everyday I read these boards I get more into disgesting the material here and am learning a ton from you guys. Thanks for posting in my thread the other day! Hope all goes well with this new project.

Devin

Hey Devin.....I'm new to residential pressure washing. I've had a hood cleaning business for about 2 years now and it's doing very well. I use a pressure washer to clean kitchen hoods, but it's a totally different world. I use 1 Chemical....caustic soda and that's pretty much it. Some "greased lightning" here and there, but between caustic and 200 degree water everything comes off.

Now when it comes to doing driveways and roofs and walls and all the different stuff, I need to familiarize myself with different chemicals and techniques.

I'm with you, there is a mountain of information on this website, and I'm learning everyday.....:)