Sign in to follow this  
JEAPAINT

Deck stained with WTW

Question

Here is a deck I stained today. This was my first time spraying and using WTW. I Love WTW and my Decker sprayer. Started spraying at 10:00am and finished by 1:30pm. I know some of you seasoned pros would have done it quicker, but I think I did pretty good for my first time spraying. :D

post-1368-137772157532_thumb.jpg

post-1368-137772157538_thumb.jpg

post-1368-137772157543_thumb.jpg

6 answers to this question

Thanks Celeste!

I tried to make sure I didn't over/under apply the stain. I was a bit nervous when I first started but once I got going and figured things out it went fairly smooth. The customer said that she wanted the deck to be a little darker then when the deck was wet just after I washed it. So I tinted the wood tux with a bit of black and red till I got the color right.

Doug

One thing we've found with the WTW is that photos while the stain is wet are not indicative of how it looks at final curing. You may want to check back on it after 10-14 days or so. It will be stunning! You really did nicely for your first WT deck with tint !

Celeste

One thing we've found with the WTW is that photos while the stain is wet are not indicative of how it looks at final curing. You may want to check back on it after 10-14 days or so. It will be stunning! You really did nicely for your first WT deck with tint !

Celeste

Does it turn darker or lighter? Or does the color just "mellow out" a bit?

They are having a party next saturday June 3rd. Hopefully people at the party will be impressed with the job and I'll get a ton of work from it. :D:lgmoneyey Not that I need more work right now since I'm booked into August, but I won't turn work down. I have to start working on Saturdays soon. Need to make the $$$ now to get me thru the slow winter season.

Doug