Sign in to follow this  
jquick77

Does anyone use the hurricane brush?

Question

Been windy here so I haven't been spraying to much. I have read a few posts about the hurricane brush for the deckster, and was wondering how many of you have used it. I saw one at Sunbrite, and I thought it seemed kind of flimsy for $160, but also think that it could save a lot of time. Does it get the stain down in between the boards good? How well does it hold up over time? Just wondering how many think it is a good investment...

7 answers to this question

Jim,

How did you make out getting in between the boards? Does the brush get the stain in there with little effort? Did you get caught in any of the T-storms today? I had a deck half way done and the rain started coming down. The floor is 720 sqft alone. Got all prepped to spray and the wind started picking up pretty good, so I had to start the floor by hand. I couldn't help but think that if I had one of the hurricane brushes that I might have been able to get the job done.

We bought one this week. We were able to cover 500 sq. ft. with two coats in just over two hours. I should have bought one years ago.

2 Hours? Is this just the floor and stairs or the whole deck including the spindles?

I have a hurricaine brush, I dont care for it. Used it twice, It is up for sale if you are interested. Call me

How much are you asking for it?

Jeff, sorry for the delay in responding. It will get between the boards. Squeeze the trigger goind down the board to apply the stain. Then brush it into the wood with the grain. The go across the grain and the stain will go over the sides to cover the channels. After I have done this for about 4 boards, I apply the second coat to the boards again. I always put on atleast two coats. I have another two decks to do this week and I will use it again.