Sign in to follow this  
sjpressurewashin

water toting

Question

I was just wondering if you guys and girls charge extra for suppling the water or if you plan the estimate on taking your water with you? I have ran into a few jobs lately where the well has run dry or emptied and luckly I have had water with me.

Thanks,

S & J

34 answers to this question

Here the city charges like 37.00 per 3000 gals. with this being the minimum they get charged. They also get charged the same 37.00 for a sewer charge to dispose of that 3000 gals. I understand supplying water in this situation but to wash a house for 125.00 after supplying water is just plain stupid not to mention including this in your yellowpage ad.

I just completed a bid on a super large deck and fence out in the boonies (over 9000 sg ft of wood) Owner is on a well and asked if i carry my own water. I dont carry water and I do not think that anyone would want to make that many trips to refill their tank. she said that she can have a tanker dropped off. Does anyone have any idea what this cost and a rough estimate on the amount of water needed? I was thinking 2,000 gallons would cover it.

Just to correct myself it was about 6500 sg ft not 9000. My helper and I used a tanker and they had to come out and fill it up again which we then used a little over half. 7000 gallons total. Thats the most water I have ever used on a job.

jnoden - Your best bet is a private water truck driver. Call a couple of general engineering/excavation contractors and see who they know. Make sure you have accurate mileage to the location (common sense), one load (usually 4k gallons) will give more than enough buffer. Better safe than sorry, and your paying probably $60/hr for the equipment and driver, and then mileage on top of it. I may be off on the hourly...don't know demand right now in your area. Hope this helps.

Customer paid for the truck. That was part of the agreement. If I remember correctly she paid a one time $85 for them to set up the truck, I think it was $30 per thousand gallons and $20 for each additional day. I have some pics of the project and will try to post them in the next couple days.