Sign in to follow this  
Don M.

Hot Box Issues

Got my tanks and hot box installed on my trailer today. Problem is when I go to ignite it nothing. I am pressing the button down for a few seconds then hitting the ignitor and still nothing. I cant even tell exactly where the pilot light would be.

I got it from water cannon. Any help would be appreciated.

Don I am pretty sure there is no pilot light.First I would check fuel if thats good,then is the blower motor running,if not it is probably a pressure or flow switch,or thermostat,or high limit switch.

By 'tanks' I assume you have a propane-fired hot box. If that's the case, take the panels off the sides at the bottom and press the igniter button. You'll eventually see where it's sparking. Did you have them purge your tanks before filling them? Sometimes it takes a minute or two for the propane to reach it's way to where it will ignite.

If you can't get it fired, feel free to give me a call tomorrow or Monday.

The propane tanks are producing propane because when I went to start screwing in the hoses it was coming out.

I took the tanks to my full time job and had one of the maint. guys fill it. He got all the air out of the tanks before filling them.

I will look at taking the panels off. Its hard for a fat guy to get underneath that thing!

You can turn the valve and hold it down and light the pilot with an aim-n-flame if it's easier. Although you probably heard the propane as you opened the valves on the tanks, sometimes it takes up to a minute to reach the igniter. At least that was my experience with it. Mine came from PressurePro, which is who Water Cannon buys theirs from.

Are you opening both tanks at once or just one?

Both. I am pretty sure I am not letting enough time to go by before striking the ignitor. I will work on it this weekend.

It does aggravate me though that I called Watercannon over the weekend and left them a message and no one returns my call after I dropped about 3 Gs with them.

Don, I forgot to mention. I appreciate the offer on allowing me to call you. Guys like you have made me succesful. Thank you.

You're very welcome!

I have access to all the same products they do, so if I can ever help you out with an equipment quote please let me know. I'll do my best to make it as seamless and trouble-free as possible.