Sign in to follow this  
DustinC

any chamber members

A friend of mine is a member of the local chamber of commerce and has invited to a function.What can I expect and how can I maximize my time there?(for my biz of course)thanks

It really depends..... We are members of 12 Chambers. A few of them are AGGRESSIVE!!! and a few of them are not.

Put on your best smile, take some business cards and "NETWORK" with the others that show up.

Chambers have several different functions. Each function has a different purpose but the big picture is networking.

We have one employee that is dedicated to just "PR" events such as Chamber events.

To you, its all about you. But to everyone else there it's all about THEM. Listen to them, but insert your business as well. Just remember the secrets of power conversations. People like to talk; so listen, but also know when to shut them up and listen to you.... and make them like it! The Chamber events are usually on a tight schedule (lunch hour) so make every second count.

Hope that helps!

Great advice Grizzley,I ran out of cards to pass out,They have one of these things every thursday.About two hundred people at this one.lots of realtors,bankers,brokers,two reps from trucking companies.business owners galore,awesome networking!The mayor was there also.Once I'm more established I think it would be in my best interest to join.

I think it is a good idea. Back when I was in college I started a mortgage reduction business. I joined my local chamber and about 3 days later I saw a story in our local paper with my picture on it about my business. I got a few calls from it.