Sign in to follow this  
Dan Stapleton

F13 vs Gutter Shock

I'm a former gs user and recently used gg the first time this week and I think I'll stay with the gg.I think gs works great,but with gg I worried less about paint damage and had the same great results.I wet the gutters and use a spray bottle to apply the gg to a brush and brush it on without diluting it.this method works for me.maybe someone with more experience will chime in.

Thanks for the info. I cut mine about 5-1. Straight on just a wet gutter may be a bit risky especially on older paint imo. I used to spray the brush with butyls but for me working out of a 5 gallon bucket is easier and faster. The solution does'nt weaken from re-dipping the brush with f13.

I've only used Gutter Shock in my short time powerwashing. The ONLY time I couldn't get a gutter clean was an 11 year old gutter with painted finish. It had never been cleaned and I got about 85% off. The homeowner was saw another customer of mine's house, who had newer gutters and figured his would look the same way.. And I have never had a paint removal problem. Also, I used to x-jet it up on the gutter the brush it. but if they are with in reach of the brush, I just brush it on about a 70/30 mix (70 water)

GS works great, but I would keep some spray paint with you.

I did a house the other day, xjetted straight out of the bucket. 90% of the gutters looked great, but the last 10 for some reason the paint came off some.