Sign in to follow this  
clean kentucky

just bought switchback XT

Question

How many bowhunter's are there out there? I just bought the new Switchback XT by Mathews and cant say enough about it. It's the best shooting bow that I have ever shot. Deer season is right around the corner, I cant wait to get in the woods. It starts early this year. Sept. 2 I'll probably start going around the middle of the month.

Doug Baker

Baker's Pressure Washing

270-268-1694

15 answers to this question

Hi E-town! I'm form Bowling Green. Your post makes me miss Ky. I have not bow or Gun hunted since moving to Fl. don't like the idea of walking around in swamps:lgbounces Use to hunt Warren & Butler counties, big deer their,also Land between the lakes for a week each year, Camped at Suger Bay. good times and memories :cheers: .

Clean...how dare you rub it in a Bro's face like that! You're about a month ahead of me. I'll be gearing up for an annual trip in January to Creighton Island, GA. Big 'ol hawgs there. We usually end up eating and drinking more than we sit in the woods! Hunting, and sadly...fishing, haven't been a priority this past year, so I'm still sling'in my old CSS. My Dad uses a Switchback and loves it.

/neil

I have a Matthews - it's an old Solo Cam but I love it! Got a sight on mine that would make you cry :) Roger shoots a Jennings.

Neil, how are you gonna hang out with us as much as we all do and we haven't talked huntin'!!!

Celeste

Mathews makes a good bow and it will last you a long time. I shoot a Bowtech Might Mite and bow season starts on the 25th of this month. I may be moving to Montana though and will miss hunting entirely this year if I do.

Neil, how are you gonna hang out with us as much as we all do and we haven't talked huntin'!!!

Celeste

...cause your always the one talking! I can't get a <huntin'> word in there.....:lgbounces LOLJK!

As much as we like darts, we should have made the connectrion.

Mcmoo,

My cousin lives in Bowling Green and hunts every year, But I have not hunted that area. I hear you about fishing, I may have been once this year, but you can't keep me out of deer hunting. traveling to Florida in May for a couple days of fishing (a red snapper tournament a friend's uncle or something goes to every year). By the way, I have a Switchback right handed on ebay now, and also a left handed Parker Phoenix 34. I bought the switchback for a buddy and he never paid for it.

Doug Baker

Baker's Pressure Washing

270-268-1694

Another board I visit when I have time is www.archerytalk.com check it out.

Some of my buddies shoot the Switchback, it's a smooth and quiet bow but it's a shame you can't get the speed out of them that they claim you can. If you want speed go with a Bowtech Allegiance, very fast and forgiving.

A good friend of mine owns a big pole barn and we've finished off part of it and made a personal archery shop equiped with bow presses, scales, cut off saw, fletching jigs, chronigraph, and all the bow shop goodies. It also has an indoor range and about 6 or 7 of us shoot there every Wed night. We also try to hit a couple 3D outdoor shoots a month, to help us gear up for hunting season. I haven't jumped on the new bow band wagon yet, I still like my Hoyt. The best thing to do no matter what you shoot is to pracitce, practice, practice. Nothing annoys me more than some guys I know that don't touch their bow all year and then pick it up opening morning and go hunting. Then they wander why they missed or wounded a deer and can't find it.

I'll be going to Kansas for a week in the middle of November to bow hunt. Indiana isn't know for huge bucks.

Talking about 3-D shoots, Bass Pro is holding their Redhead World Qualifier at the Clarksville store Sept. 1-3 I thought about going just for fun, but don't care to embaress myself either. They are having their fall hunting classic sale starting the 26th with a lot of speakers, activities, and good deals. How far are you from Clarksville.

Doug Baker

Baker's Pressure Washing

270-268-1694

Doug,

I'm 4 hours north of Clarksville. Last time I stopped there was in Feb on the way back from the Tenn round table. It would be cool to load up a bunch of buddies and head down. I'm going to check their site for info on that shoot you mentioned, thanks.

Wish I could afford a Matthews. Great bow I know. Was at the Bow Shop the other day and was real impressed the the Fred Bear Instinct. Was affordable, but would have had Hell to pay if I did take it home. I am really fired up for Deer season. We have planted some fall food plots and will be going out this weekend for cutting some more fire wood.

reed

The reason I wanted to start hunting with a bow is that it will be more challenging. Last year, I came in from the field after not seeing anything that morning and got some lunch. I walked out of the house after lunch with my gun still on my shoulder and happended to glance over in the field. I saw a little six pointer about a 125 yds. away, drew down on him, and you know the rest, right off the back porch. Then a couple of weeks later, I was sitting in the back room of my house with the window open. I shot a doe about 200 yds. away. I know you guys are laughing by now, but seriously all is true. My buddy jokes with me about that one a lot. If you live in Kentucky, than yu know what I mean. It's really not that easy all the time and I'm glad it's not. I guess the Lord just put them there that day.

Doug Baker

Baker's Pressire Washing

270-268-1694