Sign in to follow this  
Bayousbest

Dryer duct cleaning

Question

Hello, Just wanted to say hi to all and that I love this site, It's loaded with great info. I own a Home Maintenance co. in Mandeville, LA. and just purchased a pressure washer due to several customers request. It seems once I start a job in a neighborhood I wind up washing one or two more houses. So i have purchased a 24' extension pole, surface cleaner and a new 3700psi pressure washer. I was not planing on doing this many houses but the money is great and is a great way to cool off during the summer. I am also getting ready to start offering dryer duct cleaning, I have been repairing appliances for 12+ years and know this is a problem with just about every house I go to. I cleaned them b-4 with a leaf blower and a 4" toilet brush on the end of a flex rod (due to the lack of the right tool). I just ordered a cleaner off the net and should be in next week. Do any of Yall offer this service?

Thanks,

Mike

Premier Home Services, LLC

Mandeville LA 70448

2 answers to this question

Mike,

I hadn't even thought of offering dryer vent cleaning. That might be a fairly good 'extra' to offer. I'd think a minimum of $50 - $60 or more depending on the house.

I've been doing it for years at my own house with a good

strong blower and it seems to do a great job.

Why would you need a special piece of equipment for this? What brand machine are you buying?

-Todd-

I saw a link for the dryer kit on a website and found it cheeper at amazon.com. The products web page is http://www.linteater.com/ . I just got it in the other day and used it at my house and my brothers house and it did the job. I did my first customers house yesterday she actually had a small fire in her dryer. It took me over an hour to get all the lint out of the duct and the dryer itself. I wish I had pictures to show how much lint was in there, It was enough to fill up a plastic grocery bag. The vent was only 14' long. I charged $150.00 And I also had to repair the flashing on the roof top.