Sign in to follow this  
NewYorkBoraPL

Nozzle sizing

Question

I will be doing my first stucco cleaning next weekend. I have done a lot of research, but still have a few questions. My rig is a 2500 psi 2.5 gpm. I want to buy some nozzles with a larger orifice size to lower psi to around 500 or 600 psi without sacrificing water flow. Basically I want to run maximum engine speed(RPM) and reduce the PSI not to damage the stucco. Also I want to give Sunbrite Powerhouse mixture a try. Anyone have anything negative to say about this. The stucco is 7 years old and has a buildup of algae, mold, black spots in some areas, no rust that I can see but you never know. Thanks a lot.

10 answers to this question

I will be doing my first stucco cleaning next weekend. I have done a lot of research, but still have a few questions. My rig is a 2500 psi 2.5 gpm. I want to buy some nozzles with a larger orifice size to lower psi to around 500 or 600 psi without sacrificing water flow. Basically I want to run maximum engine speed(RPM) and reduce the PSI not to damage the stucco. Also I want to give Sunbrite Powerhouse mixture a try. Anyone have anything negative to say about this. The stucco is 7 years old and has a buildup of algae, mold, black spots in some areas, no rust that I can see but you never know. Thanks a lot.

YOU SHOULD BE USING A 3 OR 3.5 NOW, PROBABLY A 10 OR SO WOULD BRING YOU DOWN WHERE YOU WANT TO BE. I DON'T HAVE MUCH EXPERIRNCE WITH 2.5GPM, BUT THAT IS PROBABLY PRETTY CLOSE.

An 8 will give you about 500 psi and a 9 will be approx 250. Sorry, my nozzle chart doesn't go that low.) I have never used Powerhouse, but if you do not have chlorine in your mix, you may want to reconsider.

An 8 will give you about 500 psi and a 0 will be approx 250. Sorry, my nozzle chart doesn't go that low.) I have never used Powerhouse, but if you do not have chlorine in your mix, you may want to reconsider.

I FIGURED 10 WOULD PUT HIM CLOSE. JOHN, I LIKE THE LOWPSI.COM URL, GREAT FIND. ARE YOU A SOFTWASHER OR DO YOU USE A PRESSURE WASHER TO CLEAN HOMES? NICE SITE ALSO!

Tim Aselton why are you always yelling. It is very hard to read with the caps on.

sorry man, i just don't like taking the time to capitalize. my bad, i don't even know i'm doing it.

I checked my nozzle chart this time, and I believe a 7 will flow 2.47gpm @ 500 psi, or a 6.5 will flow 2.52gpm @ 600psi if your pump is flowing properly. Please correct this if it isn't right.

Tim Aselton why are you always yelling. It is very hard to read with the caps on.

Mel, atleast he's consistent.

This Is Much Worse....Every Time I Read His Posts I Get A Headache!

(I don't remember the poster off the top of my head.... still I mean no offence. All in good fun.) :)

Thanks for the information. By the way the powerhous mix does not contain a bleach in the ingrediants. I was browsing through chemistry store and was not able to find sodium hypochlorite. Is Sodium Percarbonate a good substitute or should I purchase elsewhere. I also would like to add some TSP to the power house solution.

Mel, atleast he's consistent.

This Is Much Worse....Every Time I Read His Posts I Get A Headache!

(I don't remember the poster off the top of my head.... still I mean no offence. All in good fun.) :)

None taken Vanilla, all in good fun.