Sign in to follow this  
Swiftrivercleaner

Ladder Standoffs

Hi all, I'm looking for some advice on ladder standoffs. Ideally I would like something which is adjustable from about 12 to at least 24 inces away from the wall and at least 42 inches wide. Also something that can be switched from one ladder to another without too much trouble. Does this exist or am I simply dreaming?

Thanks

Mike,

My experience has been that each ladder manufacturer makes its own stabilizer. It is not hard to get one which adjusts across but I have never seen one which adjusts in and out to change your distance from the wall. If you find one let me know. Good Luck!

Herb Hewlett

Herb's Pressure Washing

Check out windowcleaningsupplies.com.

they have an adjustable standoff that goes from almost 6 feet wide, to standard 30 some inches, and from1 ft standoff, to 2.5 feet. Doesn't come on and off a ladder easy though, sheesh some guys want all the toys, huh?

Well I was able to find something that works out, I hope. www.levelok.com has a 12 inch and a 24 inch stand off and a quick release mount. All of it can be moved from ladder to ladder by just removing 1 pin for the mount and two pins for the stand off. They should be here today and I will get to play with them. total cost $80.85. I'll let you know how they work.

The guy we bought our equipment from devised his own stand-off extensions for a standard stabilizer. He added angle iron to the each end of the stabilizer, drilled through and used a hinged pin thingie to secure each side. The little rubber feet that come with the stabilizer slipped on the ends and poof - he was another couple of feet from the wall. We haven't tried it yet but he tells us it worked just find. The angle iron was only a couple of dollars and the stabilizer is under $40 at Lowe's (quick attach/detach).

Lowes and HD both carry the quick disconnect version of the ladder standoff. I think it is made by Werner. It is about $40, compared to the bolt-on version which is about $20.