Sign in to follow this  
Mountainaire

Water supply question

I've got a 4gpm, 4,000 psi cold pw that I've always hooked to the fawcet and let 'er rip. I'm looking at a job that won't have water available close by and want to avoid the pressure drop from running too much hose. I've got a water tank available to use but am not sure how to go about this. My unloader apparently needs positive water pressure in order for things to work. Can I go with another unloader? If so, what type do you recommend? Or, is there another way to make this work. Also, the feed will be 2 inch at the tank. How do I reduce this to a common hose fitting in order to connect? Thanks.

Dennis Schlabach

Mountainaire Power Washing

Knoxville

I just went through the process of plumbing a new tank.

Here it goes from the tank:

2" outlet from tank reduced to 1/2" fpt (I got mine from a local PVC pipe sullpy house. I used a couple of different pieces)

1/2" mpt x 3/4" hose barb

15' of 3/4" ID polybraid hose to pump

another 1/2" mpt x 3/4" hose barb into a clear bowl inlet filter into a 1/2" hex nipple into a 1/2" 90 deg street elbow into a 1/2" female x GHT male coupler into the pump.

Does that make sense?

One thing to make sure of though is if your pump is direct drive, the water tank outlet has to be higher than the pump inlet so that gravity and the pressure of the water will help force-feed water to the pump. If it's belt or gear driven (like mine), it will suck water from the tank on it's own.

My tank is in the bed of my truck 'cause there's no room on my tiny trailer.

Here's some pics that may help...

post-1355-137772170567_thumb.jpg

post-1355-137772170578_thumb.jpg

post-1355-137772170588_thumb.jpg