Sign in to follow this  
RCBill

How are our friends in St. Louis doing?

Question

5 answers to this question

Unfortunately, we are always on the border line, usually too warm for snow, but just cold enough for sleet and freezing rain, and this last storm crippled us over 500,000 without power, at first, then after 24-48 hrs or so half that much, and still almost a week later still 75-100,000 without power, thankfully we got ours back within about 24 hours, but alot and I mean alot of damage especially to trees etc.. that heavy ice just snaps trees like they are made of glass, it was really pretty with the ice covered trees, but very devastating,

usuallualy we are above 40 during the winter months during the day, and at or just below freeezing at nite, they say it was the worst ice storm here in over 25 years, and I hope it is another 25 years before we get another like it,

But Thanks for asking

We only lost power for about an hour. But I had the truck running and my 3 month old ready to go rent a hotel room. I heard rooms went fast!

And of course there was price gouging. My parents have friends that live in a town of 20,000 about 70 miles south of St. Louis. They went to get a room and they wanted 189.00+tax.

I think we got about 3" of ice and 2" of snow. We took about two days off--roads were too bad to drive to jobs. Then everything is froze, blah blah blah, you know the drill. But we haven't lost much time---it's the darn temps that are killing us.

Pic of us starting a job after the snow (bad pic) and a pic of my two dogs chasing a little Boston Terrier on the other side of the fence. When it first fell, they could run across the top of the snow/ice without breaking though. It was funny to watch!

post-214-137772171075_thumb.jpg

post-214-137772171083_thumb.jpg