Sign in to follow this  
JustMe

Dual Lance Questions

Can someone please educate me on exactly how a dual lance works and it's advantages over a regular wand?

Even if you have a good website that explains it..

Thanks in adance.. :D

I use a dual lance nearly all the time and love it, especially when working on wood or roofs. The idea is that you are able to decrease your pressure by opening the valve (side handle) and diverting some of the flow out through a second nozzle, which is a soap nozzle that simply "dumps" the extra water. It's a great time benefit to be able to change the pressure from high to low and back again just by turning the valve. Also you still get the same volume of water to assist in rinsing.

Hope this helps?

That sounds great, when you say a soap nozzle does that mean it has some sort of injection on the wand also or does it just mean it is used when going through a downstreamer?

Thanks for the reply..

Ron

I used the term "soap nozzle" to simply refer to a large opening nozzle, thus no real pressure. I've never used it for downstreaming, but I believe that is a use of it also. Maybe someone else can enlighten both of us about that aspect!

my washer, Landa, came with an injector to put in line after the pump. When the dual lance is dialed down to the soap side, siphoning will take place off the injector. Something like the "bernoulli" effect, pressure differences etc. I will be honest and say I have never used the injector. But won't go without the dual lance. I have the standard one that came with the Landa and had a short one made. The short one is great for leaning over rails and doing the tops of handrails with a lighter wand.

Reed

The duel lance wand can be used to apply soap via a downstream injector after the pump/ I have a 5 gpm machine with an adjustable downstream injector. to draw soap from the duel lance all one has to do is turn the handle all the way back and soap will draw. What it does as the handle is turned it closes off the high pressure tip and opens the tip for soap which has a larger oriface to allow a vacum effect to draw the soap from your bucket. If you are using the duel lance just for rinsing simply remove the tube from soap or turn soap off with the adjustable injector. The plus with the duel lance in rinsing is lower pressure at the twist of a handle but maintaining high volume. No tips to change or the worst way to lower pressure is to turn down the unloader. They will wear out quickly and kill you in time spent traveling back to your machine. Hope i was able to help in some way.