Sign in to follow this  
DanMc

Need to locate a source for SHC or substitute

Question

14 answers to this question

Daniel,

Try and see if Univar or some othe chemical company is in your area. Univarusa.com shows a location in Geismar and Lafayette. If you go to there website and look at the top under about us and click on distribution network then click your state it will show you the locations. Depending upon your location it may be closer to check the surrounding states as well.

Daniel,

Try and see if Univar or some othe chemical company is in your area. Univarusa.com shows a location in Geismar and Lafayette. If you go to there website and look at the top under about us and click on distribution network then click your state it will show you the locations. Depending upon your location it may be closer to check the surrounding states as well.

I gave him info on UNIVAR in a PM.

Scott

Thanks to both of you.

I was able to contact Univar, and they have the SHC at a reasonable price. It is a little farther than I would like to travel, but it will work for now.

I am also going to call tomorrow to see if they carry TSP and Borax(sodium borate).

They have TSP I don't know about Borate?

They are a commodity chemical dealer so they have about everything. If they don't have it there,they will transfer from another location and not charge freight.

Scott

It is a little farther than I would like to travel, but it will work for now.

It will have to because I'm telling you there is NOTHING local. I'm in the chemical business and searched like you have to find anything local and nothing.

Scott

It will have to because I'm telling you there is NOTHING local. I'm in the chemical business and searched like you have to find anything local and nothing.

Scott

It is surprising. With all the chemical plants we have here in South Louisiana one would think we would have a better selection.

I have 2 big roof jobs to do over the next 2 days, so I am glad I found them today.

Read my post!

Thank You.

I checked out their site. Not much specific info, without a user id and password. But the delivery service looks promising. I will definitely give them a call tomorrow also.

Read my post!

The Chemstation website lists 3 locations for LA: Baton Rouge, Longview, TX and Mobile, AL. Under "Exploring ChemStation", select "Locations". No id or password required.

Try any pool supply place

we have plenty of options in va to get it

you are talkin bout sodium hydrochlorite

Pool place here use granular like your home. Nobody west of Tallahasee on the 1-12 corridor sells it at a pool supply reasonably. There was a place in Pensacola that sold it but you had to buy the two and a half gallon yellows that you Fla guys know of so well. They will only fill those and no drums, totes, or poly tanks. And it was still 2.50 a gallon.

Scott