Sign in to follow this  
hdmikey

Question on used pressure washer

Hello,

I found a used pressure washer for sale, but since I am fairly new to the biz, I was hoping to get your opinions on whether this is a good setup and price. The other concern I have is the trailer only being a single axle. Would that be strong enough to handle the weight of the machine plus a full 230 gal. water tank? So, here are the details...

All-American 3500 psi hot/cold pressure washer - $7500

* 3500 psi, 5 GPM, hot/cold All - America Pressure Washer (model # PH5035HGOD)

* 8'x5' Single Axel Trailer

* 2 Hose Reels

* 100' supply hose

* 200' 3/8" High Pressure Hose

* 230 Gallon Poly Water Tank

This machine is like brand new and its heavy duty. It only has about 20 to 30 hours on it.

Thanks in advance for your input!

Mike

Does the trailer have a 3500# axle.Does it have a tag with the GAVR #'s?

I have a 5x8 single axle trailer with a substantial amount of equipment on it and it does fine.Had I known then what I know now it would have been a 6x 14 dual axle trailer.

The 230 gallon tank is your problem with that set up. You can always travel empty and fill it on site. If you travel with it full you will break the trailer.

Water weighs 8#'s per gallon. Multiply that by 230 and you have 1,840 pounds. That is all you trailer is rated to carry total most likely. I can't think of a reason you MUST have a tank that large if you're just starting.

In my opinion you should build your rig yourself based on the type of business you will be targeting.

Scott

Would it be worth it to have that trailer's axels and tires changed to support 5000lbs? If so then thats one of the ways to go.

I have an 18 ft enclosed trailer that has two 3500 axels on it. My problem is somewhat similiar to what his is that when my tank is empty the trailer is at its Max which is 7000lbs and when the tank is full its at 9000lbs+. I've been towing my trailer around like this and its just a matter of time before the axels bend/snap. I'm most likely am going to have the axels and tires changed out to 5500lb axels so my trailer can carry 10,000+lbs. I already had this priced out at about $1900 but it worth it since my trailer is so neatly laid out where everything is bolted in and all space is used up. Just another thought to consider.

I have a single axle trailer with a similar set-up. (I now also have a dual axle set-up w/brakes.) No matter what the rating, without trailer brakes, I would not pull it fully loaded unless your truck is heavy duty. Having said that, it sounds like a sweet set-up, and if the price is right - buy it.

Small self-contained trailers are perfect for those just starting their business empires. They look professional, the tank can be lettered and they allow you to pull up to a job and get right to work without having to unload/unroll and set up. They also allow you to store your equipment in your garage, so winterizing is not needed. Just don't pull it full.