Sign in to follow this  
PowerWashPro

What kind of rig to use

Right now I have a briggs and stratton 3400 psi 4 GPM unit but I'm thinkin about gettin another bigger and better cold water rig . Are the skid mount units any good or is trailer mount the way to go ? How about the pick up truck mounted rigs ? I havent been able to find a truck mount or skid mount that does much more then what I already have. I kinda like the trailer mount units with 2 pressure washers built into the rig . http://www.ultimatewasher.com/images/reality/PP-DUO-Trailer-side-large.jpg

Suggestions please ! Thanks.

Steve

What are you going to be washing? Do you work alone? If you do, then having tow pw's doesn't make a lot of sense - unless you will be doing a lot of flatwork...but then you would want hot water. Where will you park your equipment in the winter? Can you fit your truck in your garage? Sometime a trailer will fit when a truck won't. If you don't have room inside, a covered trailer may work with a small space heater. I use a ceramic heater in my van to keep the chems warm and my trailer goes in the garage when temps drop below freezing.

I have a 2 car garage thats no longer housing my cars. I plan to keep most of my gear in there. I already have a tandem axle open trailer, but planning on keeping that for landscaping and debris removal. My roomie who helps me will be workin with me also sometimes so I thought maybe it would be nice to have 2 units working to get jobs done faster , just a thought . No plans as of now on using hot water, I might change my mind tho.Does anyone even make a hot water skid mount ? Any input is appreciated guys , I see alot of views but no one posts ! Thanks