Sign in to follow this  
Belmont

high psi pumps for sprayer

Question

what high psi pumps do you recommend for long discharge lines like 300-400 ft of 1/4 inch hose?..or maybe 3/8 hose

I'm using a Shurflo 1.8 at 60psi but doesnt have enough psi to really push out the RS stain/ brightner/ stripper/etc.. the way I want.

maybe looking for something around 100-200 psi..adjustable if possible would be nice too.

something 12V that could be mounted like a SHurflo would be nice too.

links? pics? or suggestions?

thanks

9 answers to this question

Get a deckster. 0-200 adjustable 12v powered. Get the gel cell deep cycle for 6-8hr run times. Best investment I ever made for that kind of work.

I have one for sale at 350 (about 1/2 retail) if you are interested. But, even if you don't buy mine a deckster is still the tool of choice.

Philip

Deckster HPLV sprayer

post-576-137772173696_thumb.jpg

Yeah thats an idea. I've seen those before definately a possibilty.

Our hoses are one a reel mounted to the truck so everything stays on the truck pretty much at all times.

Leave the deckster on the truck and run a hose reel. Best of both worlds. I keep a portable PW on our truck like that just in case we ever need to roll it somewhere strange.

well the tank is mounted on the truck so is the battery and reel/hose....so all I really need is a better pump. I'm trying to finid something with about 200 psi thats adjustable. So basically I just need a pump thats like on the deckster, not the whole deckster setup.Thats why I was asking about pumps specifacally. :)

or anythiny else thats comparable to that pump or a Shurflo, but just with more psi...?

Seymore - in north texas

The only options I am aware of for 'low cost' 12vdc pumps are ShurFlo, FloJet and Delavan. All with around 45 to 60 psi.

You could try like the roof forums talk about and that is going with a larger GPM pump and larger outlet hose at least 1/2" probably even 5/8".

My dual shurflo set-up with the (2) 3.5 gpm and 45 psi pumps has no problem putting out a lot of flow through 200' of 5/8" hose, even up on a roof.

The RS may be heavier, but you wouldn't need the kind of flow that a roof cleaner does. The delevan pumps put out over 5 gpm.

If all else fails call Bob at PressureTek. Or even better call him first and save yourself a lot of hassle.

well the tank is mounted on the truck so is the battery and reel/hose....so all I really need is a better pump. I'm trying to finid something with about 200 psi thats adjustable. So basically I just need a pump thats like on the deckster, not the whole deckster setup.Thats why I was asking about pumps specifacally. :)

or anythiny else thats comparable to that pump or a Shurflo, but just with more psi...?

Seymore - in north texas

Pumptec's like the one on the decksterare available seperately for about $225. 0-225psi, adjustable, 12vdc. That is the pump you are asking for. The shurflo is NO comparison....

Yeah thats what I was thinking. I've seen that pump by pump tec...just was curious if anyone here had any ideas as well.

Looks like I'll probably have to go with that though. Yeah they're good pumps for sure.

have used them before

Get a deckster. 0-200 adjustable 12v powered. Get the gel cell deep cycle for 6-8hr run times. Best investment I ever made for that kind of work.

I have one for sale at 350 (about 1/2 retail) if you are interested. But, even if you don't buy mine a deckster is still the tool of choice.

Philip

Deckster HPLV sprayer

Is that Deckster still for sale??

Christian