Sign in to follow this  
Don M.

New business adventure

Question

Okay, I need help here.

My wife wants to work out of the home possibly doing bookkeeping for businesses. A couple of questions....

1. Anywhere I can go to look into the business

2. Any good places to look at insurance on the web.

Thanks for your help

Don

7 answers to this question

Some good info here Don Home Based Business Opportunities | Work at Home Jobs

The Feb issue of Opportunity World is also full of home-based business info and ideas.

Be sure and investigate any "Work at Home" offers with a fine tooth comb. Most are scams.

Don does your wife have any experience with bookeeping?

If so, you basically put together a list of experiences along with some promotional materials and start promoting her biz.

Many small businesses, like most of us, would love to be able to pass the monthly 'shoe box' over to someone who could keep it organized. That way come tax time, it's a breeze.

Look into Quick Books - they have trained personnel across the US to help dingbats like me muddle through the program. Often it will definitely lead into her taking over...or something.

Just my .02 worth - let her go TO people instead of everyone coming to you. I'd give up major body parts for an accountant type person to come to my office instead of me having to pack stuff and take it out.

Celeste

Just my .02 worth - let her go TO people instead of everyone coming to you. I'd give up major body parts for an accountant type person to come to my office instead of me having to pack stuff and take it out.

Celeste

Good idea Celeste.