Sign in to follow this  
Guest Danebob

Black streeks on gutters?

Question

Guest Danebob

Whats the magic chem for removing black streeks on gutters? Also i have been using clorox for mold and mildew, is there an difference from brand name and off brands? Thanx

15 answers to this question

F-13 "Gutter Grenade" from Bob at Pressuretek is what I use. Best stuff I've ever seen. Best of all the $50 you spen on a 5'er will mix up over 100 gallons and I only use about a half gallon per house...

If you're using Clorox, that has 6% chlorine in it. 6% is 6%. When I've been in a pinch and needed to get some right then, I usually go to Wal-Mart & get their store brand bleach. It's still 6% and it's cheaper.

But you really need to source some 12.5% chlorine. It will cost you less in the long run. I get all of my generic chems from Univar. Check them out. They may have a distribution center near you.

Univar USA -- Home Page

Hope that helps...

I use a product called Gutter Renew. It's made by the New Again Company. It's the closest you can come to a "brush free" gutter job.

I use all of Newagains stuff on a regular basis but the Gutter renew didn't work for me.

I used Gutter Grenade for the first time today and will be ordering more. The house I did was washed last year by someone else. The customer said it was dirtier now than before it was washed a year ago. The customer complained the windows were left streaked and the gutters were never cleaned even though that was part of the job. The guy said he would come back to do them but never did. My price was almost 80% higher than what he paid before but he was very pleased with the house when I was finished and the Gutter Grenade brought most of the gutters back to white. Hopefully this will get me some more work in this subdivision. Do good work and charge for it. People will be happy to pay for it when they see what you can do.

The gutters I used it on were very dirty and I brushed it on at 4:1. Let it dwell a minute and brushed some on again. Rinsed well and that did the trick. There were a couple gutters too high for me to brush and I x-jetted those with what was left of the same 4:1 mix. That would put it at about 8:1 on those gutters. Had to hit them a few times at that ratio but they came almost as clean as the brushed gutters. I used the same method on a house last Thursday. Filthy gutters. When the guy next door came home and saw the gutters on that house he hired me to do his.

I am going to try some f-13 on some really nasty gutters today. I am trying to get away from brushing. Suggested normal dollution is 20:1. Do you think if applied at 10:1, most brushhing could be eliminated?

I used Gutter Grenade for the first time today and will be ordering more. The house I did was washed last year by someone else. The customer said it was dirtier now than before it was washed a year ago. The customer complained the windows were left streaked and the gutters were never cleaned even though that was part of the job. The guy said he would come back to do them but never did. My price was almost 80% higher than what he paid before but he was very pleased with the house when I was finished and the Gutter Grenade brought most of the gutters back to white. Hopefully this will get me some more work in this subdivision. Do good work and charge for it. People will be happy to pay for it when they see what you can do.

Hey Doug you said the previous cleaner left the windows streaked, how does the gutter grenade do on the windows? Are the windows streaked when finished or has no effect on windows?

From what the customer was describing and what I saw of the house before I washed it I am guessing the last guy threw bleach and soap on the house and left. No rinsing. He probably never came back to do the gutters because he knew that he couldn't clean them.

Brushing the Gutter Grenade on kept it pretty much on the gutters only. I did continue to rinse everything below them just in case. When I x-jetted the other gutters I continually rinsed the siding and windows below while it dwelled. The windows looked good when I left and no customer complaints. I am doing some painting for this same customer in a week so I will have a chance to see the house again then.

Tried gutter grenade today and love it! I just x-jetted it on to the gutters. by the time I went back to the truck to get out my Surface cleaner and switch to house wash mix, it was ready to rinse. I only had to brush one spot because there was some pine sap in one of the joints.

I use f-13 also. That stuff rocks! I've cleaned some filthy gutters and at 20:1 most have come clean with a little brush action. If the gutters are too tall to reach from the ground, (over 24 ft. for me) I downstream some straight, giving me a 10:1 ratio, let it dwell a couple minutes and rinse. Repeat if needed. If there are any streaks left, I sure can't see them from where I'm standing. Homeowner's happy, I'm happy, and my ladder stayed on the truck.