Sign in to follow this  
Camelot

Deck I did today...

Question

14 answers to this question

That looks sweet. Is that with just hot water and pressure?
Thats a no-no on deck .no pressure ,let the chems do the work and just rinse.Pressure kills the woods ,It takes a lot of experience to use pressure on wood persay.hot water ouch.But given ,woodys arent trained there born.Gotta love that wood instant money.

That looks sweet. Is that with just hot water and pressure?

Terry - NO HOT WATER, and very little pressure...I used a stripper and some Oxcalic acid as a brightener. Hot water destroys wood, as does too much pressure. Like Steve said, let the chemicals work for you.

- John

Terry - NO HOT WATER, and very little pressure...I used a stripper and some Oxcalic acid as a brightener. Hot water destroys wood, as does too much pressure. Like Steve said, let the chemicals work for you.

- John

Really, an hour?

What chem are you using? I have been using f-10. It works well, but not as fast.

Scott

Scott - for this one I used Rowlett's RPC 113 Roof Magic and ox as a brightener. Great stuff...It took me an hour not including the 15 minutes I was "shmoozing" with my customer...

- John

in the after pic....Does the product you use leave puddles like that on the deck?... or is that just the sheen off a wet spot?

We've always wiped/mopped everything up to make sure there is no "puddling" on the deck when we're done.

just curious...?

in the after pic....Does the product you use leave puddles like that on the deck?... or is that just the sheen off a wet spot?

The deck looks just cleaned and not sealed.

Nice job John! :cool:

Scott - for this one I used Rowlett's RPC 113 Roof Magic and ox as a brightener. Great stuff...It took me an hour not including the 15 minutes I was "shmoozing" with my customer...

- John

Thanks John,

I'll have to try that. What ox mix are you using, about 6oz per gallon?

I'm amazed at the speed.

Scott

Thanks guys...there is, in fact, no sealer...I just cleaned and brightened it. My ox mix was 2-2lb bags per 5er...I used less than a gallon for the whole deck...The owners wanted to seal it themselves...As far as speed is concerned, a deck this size always takes between an hour and hour and a half, although now I'm self-conscious...LOL...I wouldn't think it should take any longer than that.

- John