Sign in to follow this  
Roger Oakley

Sealed Drive from the UK

Question

Here is a part of a block paving wash & seal I did this week.

235 sq mts so around 2350 sq ft.

I used Resiblocks new Natural Matt finish sealer.

The photos are just part of the property, IE the drive, but patio and side paths were cleaned & sealed as well.

post-1658-137772175388_thumb.jpg

post-1658-137772175392_thumb.jpg

5 answers to this question

That Yorkstone came out real nice. I bet you could make a fortune cleaning places that are out of the way, out in the country, etc.... Just need a generator so you are self-sufficient and have a good pump so if there are wells, you can hook up and pull without wearing out their pump. That would be fantastic to clean huge buildings like estates and castles. I can see it now: I can clean everything from the local pub to the biggest castle around, Just Call.........

I wonder if people would be willing to pay for these services?

Here is a part of a block paving wash & seal I did this week.

235 sq mts so around 2350 sq ft.

I used Resiblocks new Natural Matt finish sealer.

The photos are just part of the property, IE the drive, but patio and side paths were cleaned & sealed as well.

Hi roger

Awsome job done! i have been reluctant to waterblast pavers due to removing pavelock from gaps, Any sugestions?

do use a waterbased sealer or zylene based?

NewZealand is behind the times with waterbased sealers so they charge the earth!

chris healey

Cleanslate

Hi roger

Awsome job done! i have been reluctant to waterblast pavers due to removing pavelock from gaps, Any sugestions?

do use a waterbased sealer or zylene based?

NewZealand is behind the times with waterbased sealers so they charge the earth!

chris healey

Cleanslate

NIce job.....where the heck do u live that people let there pavers get that way ??? lol And Chris.....youd be suprised how much sand will wash itself back in once u rinse. And whatevers missing just fill back in with 60/80 frit sand or playground sand from home depot. Trust me you wont wash enough out of the pavers joints to let them start moving unles ur blasting down right on it for a good few seconds.

NIce job.....where the heck do u live that people let there pavers get that way ??? lol And Chris.....youd be suprised how much sand will wash itself back in once u rinse. And whatevers missing just fill back in with 60/80 frit sand or playground sand from home depot. Trust me you wont wash enough out of the pavers joints to let them start moving unles ur blasting down right on it for a good few seconds.

Hi Cody,

They can be worse then this, plus the English weather don't help, with the Moss, Algae etc.

Chris

I allow between 25-40 Sq Mts per 25kg bag of kiln dried sand on a re-sand after washing.The sealer is Resiblock it's a urethane based low viscosity prepolymer in Hydrocarbon solvents. Its function is to bond the jointing sand and seal the surface of concrete block paving. Its penetration comes about by solvent evaporation, and polymerisation is created by the atmospheric and residual moisture effecting the cure.