Sign in to follow this  
hdmikey

Aggregate surface cleaning

Question

Hello,

How do you go about cleaning aggregate concrete? Do you use a concrete surface cleaner? If so, do you have to move the surface machine faster? What are the best chemical mixes for a downstream injector? The one I am dealing with has alot of algae on it. Thanks in advance for your help!

Mike

4 answers to this question

Mike,

We are a pressure washing service in Oregon also. Glad to see you on. We have done some aggregate concrete with our surface cleaners. We didn't find that we had to go any faster with the machines. We use a chemical line that i would like to talk to you about. We also do heavy equipment, so a heavy duty degreaser is a must. You could personal message me, or give us a call we would like to get aquinted with you, maybe there some things we could help you out with. We are located in the Roseburg area. The answer to your question about downstreaming injector is we have a new set up for applying our chemicals that we would like to share with you. These folks here on The Grime Scene are awesome they have been such a great host of information. Get ahold of us. Maybe we could hook up some time over lunch our treat.

Duner

Mike,

Make sure if you use a degreaser it has no petroleum,lanolin in the chemical.

Petroleum will cause any conamination to soak in deeper and the lanolin is found in many citrius based cleaners and will act as a magnet to contamination.

There are several choices of concrete safe clenaers out there and exposed agg. deserves special attention as it is inherantly pourous.

PLease call me at 800-475-1975 to discuss the options.

Bob Chatterton

V-Seal/ TARA-Group

I use granular chlorine dispensed fron a lawn spreader onto the concrete or aggragate that is wet. Allow to dwell 15-20 minutes. Then use surface cleaner rapidly to mix over surface. Allow 5 min. dwell time. Rinse, then wash areas that have any mold left.