Sign in to follow this  
itswillist

Downstreaming or x-jetting ?

Question

I've been using the downstream method to apply my chems but A) I can never seem to get a strong enough batch of chem. out of it. Always seems way watered down. Can I counter this by using a very potent batch in my chem tank ? I've heard of people using the x-jet to apply chems, some swear by it and some go back to downstreaming ... All I know is my downstreamer gives me a good bit of problems with the lil. low pressure ball sticking and what not (having to pull it apart and fix it) it never seems to consistently draw the same amount of chem out of it. (some days are better than others, some days it doesn't work at all) Would any of you reccomend the x-jet with the long and short range tip on it ? Does this apply more chem. ? I know it runs in after the hose and I like that to. All I know was that the last house I washed was 3 x easier b/c the right amount of chem. was coming out my wand from downstreaming, I need this on every house, not just every now and then.

10 answers to this question

The only complaint I would have about the X-jet would be lugging the chemicals around. Although it is very nice to get a strong mix on the surface quickly. If you are looking to buy one spend the little extra and get the M-5. With the adjustable spray, it is great for close range. I have one and love it. I just added an additional 25' of feed hose to it so I don't have to move my containers around as much. You can get almost a 1:1 draw ratio with it as well.

I don't know bro, all I know is that Paul Kassander sells it and I'm sure he could tell you all about it. I'm not really an x-jet kinda guy (even though I do like them and have used them) I'm more of a foamer kinda guy. :)

Who makes that one? It looks a little fancy to come from Xterior( not knocking them--simply an observation).

Scott

You can make that with a regular downstream injector. Get a reducer to take the "pump" side of the injector down to 1/4" and get a 1/4" quick connect plug and put it on that end. On the "out" end (the end that the arrow is pointing toward) put one of those adjustable "push/pull" nozzles on and you have the same thing.

So what is in there that is different than a Downstreamer besides the adjustable spray tip?.. an extra gizmo or two or is it just orifice sizes? Why can't downstreamer manufactures resize to draw more like an xjet? What stops these xjets from being mounted at machine just like a downstreamer or vica versa? I assume cause the xjet will just keep on drawing no matter the pressure if it were mounted at machine?..all questions I am today..hehe