Sign in to follow this  
dogsalan1

can I do this?

Question

I am looking at buying the equipment I will need to do roof cleaning. This is what I am planning to do. I will have a 125 gallon tank and use a 5.5 honda motor. I am going to use a roller pump rated @ 9 gpm and 150 psi. I would like to use 250ft of hose. If this sounds good let me know. I still have not decided on what tip and wand to use. I am looking for sugestions here.

How I am also wanting to do vinyl siding cleaning. This is where I am confused. I am thing of using a second tank for my siding mix becouse it should not be as strong as my roof mix.(right?) will the same type of pump setup work for the siding? I want to be low pressure on everthing. Is this a good Idea?

1 answer to this question

I am looking at buying the equipment I will need to do roof cleaning. This is what I am planning to do. I will have a 125 gallon tank and use a 5.5 honda motor. I am going to use a roller pump rated @ 9 gpm and 150 psi. I would like to use 250ft of hose. If this sounds good let me know. I still have not decided on what tip and wand to use. I am looking for sugestions here.

How I am also wanting to do vinyl siding cleaning. This is where I am confused. I am thing of using a second tank for my siding mix becouse it should not be as strong as my roof mix.(right?) will the same type of pump setup work for the siding? I want to be low pressure on everthing. Is this a good Idea?

9gpm is a bit high i think, you can end up wasting alot of chem

with it. 6 gpm would be better, 9 gpm would be great for rinsing tho. go with a 5/8 hose.

you will need two tanks one chem and one water, you can splice off the suction line of the pump and use a needle valve or a gate valve to vari the flow of chem. or you can have two tanks one with

roof mix and one with siding mix but then you will need a third

tank with water as a float tank and for rinsing.

the more efficient set up would be the two tanks with a valve

to control the strenght of the mix.

i use a low pressure pump for siding it works great.