Sign in to follow this  
powertech

xjet hose length

Question

2 answers to this question

I can't really say much the application that I currently use is with a 4 ft long hose, it really depends on what your setup is, some use a dolly with a 5 gal bucket so I would say a 15 ft hose may work, some use a much longer hose, others say the heck with the x-jet and just down-stream everything. just figure out where your chemicals are going to sit while doing a job, using an x-jet usually requires the chemicals to be mobile, and then your going to have to figure out a way to transport the chemicals, using a 5 gal bucket does work, however everytime I got going on a job the dern basket screen filter came flying out , so you may have to band the hose into the bucket by the handle or by taking the top of the bucket off removing the screen from the hose, feed the hose thru the lid opening and then reattach screen filter, then I just suggest getting a rubber grommet to seal the opening to prevent spillage. Everyone has their own likes and dislikes and it all determines what suites your needs. I have a lot of setups I have played with and seen drawbacks and benefits to each.

I use a total of 40'. I carry my chemicals in square 5'ers. The biggest drawback that I have with my setup is that it is really easy to tangle your hoses if you aren't paying attention. I still love my x-jet though. i'm thinking about trying that dolly setup with some 15 gallon containers. My only concern is getting them off of my truck. I like to have everything premixed for the next job.