Sign in to follow this  
douseahouse

cleaning the streaks off high gutters

Question

i've gotta bid on a couple of jobs that have gutters on the 2nd story. these gutters naturally have the wonderful black streaks that we love to clean. i need a tip or two about the best way to reach and clean. i've been using the f13 with good results so what do you think?

thanks,

rando

6 answers to this question

I use a 10' step ladder and a 16' telescoping pole with a brush on the end. Dip the brush, apply chems, scrub if needed, jump down and rinse with a 0 degree tip. I find this way to work best for me. I've tried pump up with extending wand and it's just too slow and a PITA. I've tried xjetting but too much chem was wasted spashing all over the place, and I still had to scrub sometimes so it was defeating the purpose.

24 extendable pole from home depot in the painting section with a auto brush in the cleaning section of home deopt. if you are using f-13, mix it 1 part to 5 parts water. Small amount. only enough to fill a 5 gallon bucket about a 1/2 inch high. Dip the brush in and scrub about 15 feet, rinse, keep going.

24 extendable pole from home depot in the painting section with a auto brush in the cleaning section of home deopt. if you are using f-13, mix it 1 part to 5 parts water. Small amount. only enough to fill a 5 gallon bucket about a 1/2 inch high. Dip the brush in and scrub about 15 feet, rinse, keep going.

Ditto...but with Gutter Shock...:)

Ditto, but with Simple Green. Straight if temps below 60.