Sign in to follow this  
sjpressurewashin

recipe for concrete

Question

Looking for a downstreaming recipe for oxlic acid. Cleaning a pool apron now and want to brighten afterwards. just wondering if someone had the mixing recipe for about 30 gallons downstreaming. it would be easier to downstream instead of spraying it all with a spayer.

Thanks in advance,

Michael

1 answer to this question

WHY YOU NEED 30 GAL?. THAT IS A BIG APRON!!...

About a cup per gal. straight.... For downstreaming you have to work the numbers based on your downstream draw ratio. So with a 20% (5:1) downstreamer you'll need like 5 times the amount of oxalic in yer supply tank. Problem you may find is that of getting the water to hold that much chemical.

If you don't have a shurflow/flojet setup then you can use an all plastic pump up sprayer of even one of them plastic plant watering pitchers for the garden to get it on straight...

Formula for figuring stuff would be as such:

"take c (desired tank percentage) x the flipped fraction t (desired tank volume) over b (starting chemical percentage) "

Formula being C x (t/b)

for you it be something like this: c= 500% (considering downstream dilution), t=30 gal., b= 6.25% (1 cup per gal converted to percentage)

which would = 4.8 gal of oxalic to 30 gal water..

I could be way wrong though with the numbers..sorry

http://www.thegrimescene.com/forums/residential-pressure-washing/10204-12-5-sh-quesiton.html

-------------

p.s. 7/13/09

WTF!..wish I knew what I was thinkin when writing this. Although the formula listed works for cutting stuff it appears I stuck wrong numbers in or in wrong places for concentrating the acid for downstream use. Thinking figure shoulda been like 9.35 gal if making an enormous 30 gal batch of concentrate.. But that could be wrong as well, LOL. How come people don't say somethin if they know math and it's use is wrong?

Edited by MMI Enterprises