Sign in to follow this  
Doug Dahlke

Generator

Anyone have any experience with North Star (Northern Tool) generators? I need to buy a generator and the prices on the North Star looks good.

Hi Doug,

I haven't used the North Star generators. I need to get a generator as well. I'm thinking about getting this one from Home Depot. Seems to have more features for the money then the ones from Northern Tool.

Coleman Powermate 5000 Watt Generator Suburu 10hp - PM0435001 at The Home Depot

I think I got this tip from Celeste, call around to the local pawn shops. I needed a 5000w to run my vac once, got it at a pawn shop, new in the box never used, for something like $250. Make a few calls see what you come up with.

I did buy a generator. I bought a North Star 8000 watt max, 6600 running watts. 13 HP Honda with electric start. The item number is 165920M if you want to check out the specs on Northern's site. I have not had to use it yet but will be putting it to work next week.

I also bought a Sirroco PEV2 vacuum. Now I have to figure out how to haul all of it around when I need it.

I did buy a generator. I bought a North Star 8000 watt max, 6600 running watts. 13 HP Honda with electric start. The item number is 165920M if you want to check out the specs on Northern's site. I have not had to use it yet but will be putting it to work next week.

I also bought a Sirroco PEV2 vacuum. Now I have to figure out how to haul all of it around when I need it.

Doug,

Looks like a nice generator. Should give you a long reliable service life.

I'm trying to figure out how to haul all of my gear around as well. I went with a Nikro vacuum. I haven't purchased a generator yet but I will soon.

Thanks,

Mike

I have a spot in the rear of my trailer that fits the PEV2. I have to strap it down and have it chained as well just in case. The generator will have to go in the truck bed. There is still some room on the front of the trailer. I just need to sit down and work something out for all of this. Let me know how your plan comes together.