Sign in to follow this  
Mike V

Build up in high pressure hoses...

I know I have read in several places how to remove the build using a tank and a shur flo. Of course, I didn't save the info but would love to find it now.

What chemical and method is best for removing the white build up in the hoses? Thank you in advance.

Mike

Build up in the high pressure hoses. The tank and chemical would come into play as you cycle the chem (which is what i am asking about) through the hoses to reduce build up. it is a white looking build up that reduces the inside diameter of the hose which in affect increases the pressure and does not allow chemical to be down stream injected.

I think it is hard water scale or calcium build up. There has to be a way tp clean the hoses.

Thanks.

Yeah! I got it...

If you're always using the same product, and not cleaning out well as you should, there will be a build-up of crud in the lines...

If you've got a shurFlo that can cycle a solvent for that product through the lines on a periodic basis, do it! Flush well w H2o and 'yer good to go.

Preventative maintenance is generally a great idea until the crud in old lines is the last stand holding them together... then you gotta know it's time to budget for some new equipment!

r

Think some use an inhibited coil cleaner cycled through only parts of the system. I cycle diluted hydrochloric myself for a very brief period of like less than a minute and then flush real good with clean water. Fear being it will eat the metals...

Note this is a loop made only through the coil or directly through just the main hose and/or downstreamer. Am not brave enough to put it through the unloader or pump.