Sign in to follow this  
jbruno

Saved

Question

I posted a few weeks ago about the solid color Cabots, Well I have been saved by a product newly out by Wolmans... Homeowner went to the paint store and found this stuff. It strips water,acrylic and oil based stains. I sprayed it on, let it sit for 15 minuts and then washed it off. It worked great. This stuff is brand new this year, I couldn't believe it worked so well. I never got to the f-18 or hd-80, because I thought this Wolmnans wouldn't work, and I would prove that "over-the-counter" strippers didn't work... Well, I was Wrong! LOL

It's a bit pricey, but it worked great!!

7 answers to this question

I totally believe that many of the consumer grade products work with enough dwell on certain finishes.

I just have found that they aren't cost effective, and won't touch some of the more difficult finishes. Usually, I can strip an entire deck for about $10.00. Many of the Home Cheapo strippers cost more than that per gallon, and have to be used at full-strength.

Glad to hear that there is something good on the consumer shelves, I would just cringe at the price for it in comparison to contractor priced products.

We have used Floods strippers which work great but for the price at retail it would throw us out of the competition to use it.

For example... we just did a strip of a deck thats 936sqft in size including the rails and I used 16 gallons of HD-80 at 5oz/gal which equates to about 80oz's. At $69/10lb tub that comes out to around $23. With multiple applications it comes out to about 58.5 sqft/gal coverage to strip Sikkens Cetol Dek.

In comparison, the flood stripper is around $25/gal and at 16 gallons to complete the job that would have cost around $400.

My question is: How much did your stripper cost?

Rod!~

Can you say boosted S/H ?

http://www.wolman.com/pdf/datasheets/P_27_117.pdf

Should be powerful but as Beth is getting at...is it cost effective compared to other availables?

Whatever the case, Wolman has earned it's place in the market and the eyes of the consumer..they invented pressure treated wood you know..(wolmanized)... I'm Wolman Wood Care Certified Contractor and I think they do good work...(psst. most every woodie here is.lol).. :)

It was $20 for 1.3 gallons, Defenitely expensive. But like I said before, I couldn't budge it. I never got to the f-18 or HD-80. And my Roof Magic (rowlett) was last years mix. Couple in the fact that I was NOT there the first time my guys tried to strip it, and they probably didn't let the RM dwell long enough. So off to the paint store I went...

Hell, even at $20/gallon, I'll just pass it on to the consumer. but I'm not going to make a habit it out of it! LOL

It was $20 for 1.3 gallons, Defenitely expensive. But like I said before, I couldn't budge it. I never got to the f-18 or HD-80. And my Roof Magic (rowlett) was last years mix. Couple in the fact that I was NOT there the first time my guys tried to strip it, and they probably didn't let the RM dwell long enough. So off to the paint store I went...

Hell, even at $20/gallon, I'll just pass it on to the consumer. but I'm not going to make a habit it out of it! LOL

Bruno, if your RM for last year is week throw in a 2lb tub of F-18 and stand back. :)

Bruno, if your RM for last year is week throw in a 2lb tub of F-18 and stand back. :)

Are trying to get me killed? I only have a few gallons, but I've been procrstinating mixing the new batch. I don't want to have to move 55 gallons of RM if I sell the business this month. (which looks like I will)