Sign in to follow this  
Jeff

So easy a caveman can do it

But I can't!!!

Alright many probably know I'm a flipping dummy when it comes to computers and a little challenged to say the least when it comes to the office end of business.

I want to learn and I'll be having one of my guys that knows some computer stuff learning also about scheduling.

I want to go after weekly, monthly, quarterly etc etc accounts. One of my biggest fears about going after this kind of work is not knowing how to schedule it. Pardon my total ignorance, but is there a somewhat simple way/program to keep scheduling easy as to making sure I don't screw up. I need something to show me when the work is to be done.

Like my hospital account, I do different things every other month. I can keep track of the work , but if I had several accounts I know I would screw up possibly

When I did the banks I would have trouble keeping it all straight 18 properties and we did some every 6 months others annually and some times we just did drive throughs other times we did walks & buildings etc. I kept this basically all on paper and would always figure things out the hard way.

Also on monthly accounts how do you do them?? Is it every thirty days or like with my hospital work I do it every 3rd Thursday of the month (which good be 5 weeks apart)

I know I'm a computer idiot, but is there a program or easy way to keep scheduling fool proof. Like I said I am going to have help.

I can't target this kind of work until i can learn this properly

How do you all do it

Thanks in advance

Jeff

Many calender programs will suffice...I use MS Works Calender as it comes with my computers. Can make multiple calenders for different people or businesses. It shoots up reminders any amount of time prior to job and can set jobs to reoccuring any amount of days apart you like...7 day..14, 30..etc.

Can even see how long the job will run through a day or over many days.

There is a few really good free calenders I've used but their names escape me right now as I am part caveman too..

There is a movie with the caveman coming out now and actually we seen one in the bushes while pulling into Discovery Kingdom yesterday...!! :)

Honestly I would just get a big 12 month planner book and write in what needs to be done each day. Use different color highlighters for jobs that span more than one day. You write the job in on the day it starts then highlight it with yellow and highlight a line to the day the job ends. If there is more htan one project overlapping you use different colors. So if I day has 3 different color lines going through it, you know that you have three jobs in progress for that day

Jeff, my wife is pretty good with that kind of stuff, if you can wait

until we get there I'm sure she can put something together for you.

Give me a call or call our home @ 330+863+0372 and talk to her, I'm

sure she would be more than happy to help you out.

The Prince of Pressure icon7.gif

David

Jeff,

If you are nott good with calenders, I would get yourself a nice large daily planner. When you schedule a cleaning for the first time, just put a note next to it"every 3 months", when you do the cleaning and see your note, set up the next appointment. Keep it as simple as you can.