Sign in to follow this  
jetstream1

to funny

Question

Well it around 9 am and setting up for a job. This home I wash about twice a year.Any way. The home next door, driveway was all rusted up from well water.So this guy pulls up in a beat up truck with a powerwasher in the back like a 2700 unit or something like it.He runs the garden hose to pick up un rolls hose by hand..LOL.And starts the drive way So I washed the house,fence,shead,side walk With surface cleaner.....Good OLE wand washer was still at work.Get this He ask me to use my surface cleaner so he can get the driveway done..What would you have done share...I walk away like i did not hear him...

6 answers to this question

Same type of thing happened to me. Another contractor was working on a townhouse deck upon my arrival and from the looks of it had been at it for about a half an hour so I pulled down to the other end of the row which was the exact opposite end he was working on.

Hooked up my supply hose, mixed my house wash chem and proceeded to perform a 3 sided townhouse wash, then applied my chems to the deck, washed it, applied the neutralizer, rinsed it and all adjacent areas and rolled up my hoses and packed away the equipment.

To my surprise the other contractor was still at it as I drove by. The deck he was working on was the same size as the one I had just completed and didn't require stripping. In fact, it was in better shape when I first noticed it than the one I did which was quite filthy with about 6-8 years of algae and the siding on the townhouse was aluminum.

Don't know what was taking him so long but sheesh. I was on the job around 2 hours max.

Guess one can never know too much about wood restoration and pressure washing eh?

Rod!~

I'm not making fun at anybody. I was the Station Wagon Bandit ten years ago. We all have to start somewhere. If we didn't change and still do the same work at the same price as ten years ago, chastise me. I deserve it. Some people never learn. We try to help one another. This is big in the PDCA. Help contractors grow and prosper. This is a picture of a PWer on his way. Just an example of who doesn't charge enough. Thank You.

post-2261-137772182297_thumb.jpg

I understand completely.

I started out with a 96 Nissan Sentra with an army blanket on the roof to pad the ladder I would strap on, and the pw'er was sticking out of the trunk.

Went all year of '99 that way and my competition and vendors alike laughed at me. I took it in stride but one joke was pretty funny though, they said all I needed was a propeller on the end and it would look like an outboard motor.

The very next year...bought a truck!

Rod!~

I'm not making fun at anybody. I was the Station Wagon Bandit ten years ago. We all have to start somewhere. If we didn't change and still do the same work at the same price as ten years ago, chastise me. I deserve it. Some people never learn. We try to help one another. This is big in the PDCA. Help contractors grow and prosper. This is a picture of a PWer on his way. Just an example of who doesn't charge enough. Thank You.

Besides the hoses hanging off the truck, It looks like my first truck I started out with... An '88 chevy with tons of rust!! But when opened up the tailgate opened... BAM! Landa PG belt driven machine with great chems and LONG hoses!!