Sign in to follow this  
Clean Cut Solutions LLC

gas or diesel???

Question

I am looking into upgrading to a trailor mounted unit. I would like to enter the game with a single axle trailor. I have seen some pretty good set ups thus far in my search but my question to you all is what are the pros and cons of... a diesel powered hot water unit vs a gas powered. The diesels have noticable less horsepower. I am wondering if they make up for it in torque and life span? All input is appreciated.

6 answers to this question

Diesel is much more expensive to buy than gasoline, but will last longer. Unless you use the machine alot, then gas is the best choice for you. The diesel usually runs at a lower rpm providing more life, and they also have plenty of power.

What size machine are you looking at?

I am still up in the air about what size I need. I am looking to purchase a trailor unit that will be suitable for strip centers and gas stations. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

For work like that, I would get at least an 8 gpm hot unit. A tandem trailer would also serve you better. You will outgrow a single really fast.

Can be smart on gas stations and truck stops to go with a complete self contained unit that is used with short hose and pulled around. Many places are opened to traffic and using such a unit allows you to cone off only a stall or two to keep them open and your pressure hoses from getting run over. Since they wheel on out of your trailer they are somewhat more conducive to small trailers especially when you need trailer for other chores..A 6 or an 8gpm would be wise as Alan says..as large flat areas with lots of grime and debri require lots of flushing. Pressure washing such areas efficiently is more about the amount of flow/overall cleaning units and heat than pressure specs alone.

Strip centers your gonna want a regular skid unit with at least a 250 gal supply tank.

For work like that, I would get at least an 8 gpm hot unit. A tandem trailer would also serve you better. You will outgrow a single really fast.

I'm on my third trailer in 2 years due to growth. I went from a single 3500lb

to a tandem 3500 now its a tandem 7k each